We’re looking for a data visionary with a proven track record to help establish Glossier.com as the best place to buy beauty products, and to cement our reputation as a force-to-be-reckoned-with technology company. As VP of Data, you will own the data roadmap and will join forces with Engineering and Product Management to consistently deliver the very best data-driven experiences for our customers. You’ll also partner with the Insights & Reporting team to ensure the organization has access to the data they need.
Reporting to the VP of Data will be members of existing teams along with resources to be hired to fill out the team:
- Data Engineering (existing)
- Data Analytics (existing)
- Data Science (new)
- Data Governance & Compliance (new)
- Own overall strategy and vision for data at Glossier
- Make sure we’re using the right mix of bought and homegrown tools
- Recruit, develop and inspire our growing team of data professionals
- Ensure a democratized approach to data as the key strategic asset for each department
- Lead strategy, architecture and the development of data, experimentation and analytics solutions
- Have significant experience, at scale, with distributed systems
- Make sure that we’re using the right data storage solutions, that are safe, performant and properly maintained and monitored
- Chart the course for our data pipelines and data warehouse, optimizing for accuracy, performance and availability
- Build a data science team and practice that will empower our product and engineering teams to raise the bar around personalization, community, growth and engagement
- Keep our data safe
- 5+ years of strategic experience leading and building data teams in high growth companies; preference for e-commerce experience
- BA (MA preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science or related, technical field
- Eagerness to apply data solutions to areas not normally associated with such approaches and a passion for working cross-functionally with non-technical teams
- You have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful, just like us
- Ability to leverage past, relevant success to immediately drive value for our team, our customers and our business
- Motivated by working in a high-growth, fast-paced and iterative environment.
- At ease with large and complicated data sets.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.