We are looking for a driven, organized and experienced Planning Manager who is inspired by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to be a founding member of Glossier’s Planning Team. We are building out this function to manage the day-to-day responsibilities, build a strong foundation, drive process improvement, and support Glossier’s fast paced growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Planning, the Planning Manager is primarily responsible for analyzing, identifying and communicating sales and inventory opportunities and providing risk-mitigation recommendations. In addition, the Planning Manager will be expected to meaningfully contribute to broader strategic and resource planning conversations across the company. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results.
- Day-to-day inventory management including e-commerce and retail channels
- Manage sales and inventory forecasts ensuring there are no stock-outs in order to achieve aggressive growth plans
- Manage reporting cadence and structure to ensure that key stakeholders have transparency into planning
- Develop reports and tools to improve our ability to monitor and control inventory flows in a scalable way
- Optimize inventory turn and inventory health
- Provide detailed and accurate inbound and outbound forecasts of product and packaging to distribution centers in order to manage receiving and optimize order fulfillment as we grow
- Work with internal teams to drive tool and process improvements
- 4+ years of experience in retail planning, financial planning, strategy or business analytics
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Results oriented with an ability to multitask effectively
- Team player capable of working cross functionally
- Willingness to extend yourself and assist other team members
- Flexibility / ability to reinvent and reimagine as our business changes
- Experience in e-commerce a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.