We are looking for a Community Manager to be based in London who will be responsible for growing and supporting Glossier’s community base in the UK, as well as our new European markets. This person will develop and manage UK community and community-focused activities in London and secondary UK cities. The Community Manager will also work directly with the larger Community team to scout, engage, and manage European members of our Rep + Creator Programs, and play a part in Glossier's innovative approach to brand and community building.
- Manage the Rep + Creator Programs for the UK and eventually the European market, working directly with the NYC-based Community team to funnel new members into the Rep and Creator cohorts
- Serve as the primary face of community in the UK; hosting events, 1:1s, and directly engaging with our customers and more formal community members
- Lead event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time and budget limits
- Lead the ongoing management of existing outreach to our UK community and new European markets
- Work closely with the US based planning team to forecast UK product needs
- Strategize more grassroots engagement and outreach tactics for new European markets
- Conduct and manage research initiatives for new European markets
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in community management and event planning
- Deep understanding of and passion for Glossier’s mission and existing community
- Good general understanding of wider marketing functions
- Expert in content creation and storytelling
- First-class written communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- An analytical mind—the ability to process and make decisions based on data and instinct
- Goal-oriented without sacrificing an experimental and creative streak
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to and work across multiple concurrent projects; willingness to get hands dirty and swim outside lane - we are a start-up!
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.