GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading top infrastructure engineering objectives across GlossGenius. You will report directly to the Technical Program Manager Lead, and will partner closely with the CTO, Engineering Managers, Product Managers and cross-functional stakeholders to smooth product delivery by creating alignment, mission clarity and more efficient ways of working across disciplines and teams.
GlossGenius is a rapidly growing startup in a scaling phase. As such, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the operating system for the engineering organization, help streamline communications, define delivery playbooks, influence our agile progress and improve program tracking and delivery across the company. Your work will help to define the TPM function at GlossGenius, as well as to uplevel and smooth delivery across all of GlossGenius engineering.Ultimately, your efforts will empower our teams to deliver more for the small business owners who depend on us to run their businesses.
This role can be remote in Canada. You will primarily work with teams located in the US Eastern Time zone.
What You’ll Do
- Drive execution for GlossGenius’s most impactful and complex infrastructure engineering initiatives, partnering with the service engineering teams to ensure smooth delivery of critical features and cross-team goals.
- Facilitate collaboration and drive alignment across teams and stakeholders, helping to connect the dots between our company mission, quarterly goals, project goals and the day-to-day delivery progress of the teams. Your presence on a project brings out the best in teams, helping to ensure more efficient delivery while maximizing impact.
- Document, explain and improve the spending, timelines and other requirements of infrastructure projects.
- Own Operational Excellence for the engineering team, improving how we operate day-to-day, including on happy path days and our incident response and follow-up processes.
- Partner with the TPM Lead, Engineering Leads and CTO to help design and implement the next version of our engineering operating system. Help level up the entire organization by defining playbooks, best practices and program reporting that help all of our engineering teams maximize their efficiency and impact.
- Scale the TPM discipline and best practices at GlossGenius.
What We’re Looking For
- 7-10 years of experience as a TPM, engineering leader or related technical discipline, ideally with exposure to high-growth startups.
- All-in ownership. You have a track record of taking on challenging and ambiguous problems and transforming them into projects with clear goals and interactive milestones that deliver impactful business outcomes.
- Ability to go end-to-end on the technical details of infrastructure systems affecting the whole company and comfortable figuring out how to fill in the gaps whenever necessary.
- Flexible problem solver. You know when to escalate and you’re good at leveraging the talents of your team mates, but you never give up. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in or try a new solution to any obstacle you encounter.
- Exemplary time management. You are skilled at juggling multiple projects and priorities, prioritize your time ruthlessly to achieve maximum impact and find creative ways to unblock your teams efficiently.
- Reliability. You meet your commitments and communicate clearly on your and your stakeholders expectations, especially when they change.
- Strong relationship builder, comfortable partnering with team members, stakeholders, executives and third-parties. You are good at building influence to drive projects forward.
- Strategic thinker who’s also comfortable in the details. You’re good at spotting misalignments between high-level business goals and day-to-day decisions, making sure that everyone’s work ladders up to the big-picture goals.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums covered by GlossGenius
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- One-time home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.