GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will drive new business by working with prospects to determine if GlossGenius is the right solution for them. We take a consultative approach to sales where we like to help Beauty Professionals help themselves by finding the right software for their business to manage their Booking Site, Payments and Customer Database. GlossGenius is the leader in helping Solo Professionals and Teams create beautiful experiences for their clients that just work, and we aim to be a thought leader in the space by providing the industry with an amazing product, educational content, and hands-on consultative sales team that will help them find their right solutions.
You’ll report to our Head of Sales and can work in our NYC headquarters or work remotely from anywhere in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for prospecting both warm inbound leads and cold calling outbound leads
- Qualify opportunities by learning about their business needs and identifying where GlossGenius can help them succeed
- Manage a high-volume, high-velocity pipeline of leads from several channels to crush your quota
- Build rapport with prospects from the initial conversation through successful activation, keeping all of your progress updated in the CRM
- Educate prospects on the product, demoing and communicating the benefits of GlossGenius to any type of prospect or partner
- Constantly tweak and up-level your approach, searching for opportunities to constantly improve; GlossGenius moves fast, and the tactics/strategy will be constantly re-evaluated and tweaked to optimize the funnel
- Collaborate with the Product and Marketing Teams to collect feedback from prospects and determine the direction of GlossGenius in the Beauty & Wellness Industry
What We’re Looking For
- Sales prospecting experience strongly preferred
- A passion for leading through change in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes ambiguous work environment
- A passion for solving hard problems and getting things done
- Genuine interest and excitement in striving toward ambitious goals and making a huge impact for SMB customers
- Someone who is motivated by the constant change of a startup environment, experimenting fast and the opportunity to learn
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and flexible with the ability to perform well under pressure; excited by the constant change of a startup environment, experimenting and learning quickly
- Metrics-driven account executive with a command for key sales metrics including win-rate, quota attainment, conversion rate, etc.
Bonus: Knowledge of the beauty and wellness businesses and their operations
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $45,000-$55,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to the base salary range above, this role is eligible for commission.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s commission plan,equity plan and a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year