GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be a Senior Software Engineer responsible for delivering a number of large-scale product initiatives and will build and own key features, infrastructure, and data that powers our platforms. You will work hand in hand with product managers, product designers, and other cross-functional teams to make an impact on a high-growth company. At GlossGenius, we hire, grow, and support both generalists who want to work across the entire stack as well as masters going deep and setting standards in a particular domain.
This role is based in Colombia but remote within the country.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects end to end, from design to implementation, managing complexity and working with stakeholders to think through areas such as business impact, reliability, operability, and security.
- Collaborate with product managers, product design, or other cross-functional stakeholders on roadmap initiatives, product ideation, and prioritization. Break down epics and projects to consumable size for the team and continuous deployment.
- Produce high-quality code that’s easily testable, readable, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Architect tools, services, and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative autonomous development and future scaling.
- Uphold best practices and high standards for engineering and product quality in addition to mentoring newer team members to do the same.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have experience leading and owning end-to-end product development and impactful technology initiatives for organizations; you’re able to break down work into manageable tasks for a team and partner with operational teams to roll out changes that affect their workflow
- You have experience working in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You have a desire to work in a fast paced environment, a bias for action, a passion for self-improvement, and helping to elevate and mentor those around you
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
What We Work With:
While we are extremely open to candidates who have worked in different languages, we look for candidates who have experience with or want to learn:
- Ruby (Rails, Sidekiq), Kotlin (micronaut, jooq), GRPC, Protobuf, and Postgres for backend
- React-native for mobile
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance coverage
- Fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - as a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year
About our Team:
- Our CTO, Christopher Cunningham, was previously at Lyft where he scaled several engineering organizations during a period of hyper growth before and after IPO. He has experience building remote engineering teams in the US, EU and Latin America. Previously, he was VP of Engineering at Huge, where he built several of their first engineering groups in Colombia.
- You’ll be part of a distributed team working on core product features alongside engineers in the US/CAN/EU
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.