GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As the first dedicated UX Researcher at GlossGenius, you will be responsible for helping to define the function and for leading strategic-level research to inform company and product strategy. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and other cross functional partners to share actionable insights that will shape the GlossGenius experience for our small business users and their customers. If you are passionate about small businesses and understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations through various research techniques, we’d love to hear from you!
You will report to the Head of Product and can be based anywhere in the continental US.
What You’ll Do
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations and complete iterative usability/concept testing
- Generate insights and provide input into company and product strategy
- Represent the needs of our users and ensure the products we ship bring meaningful value to both the user and the business
- Build and nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, analysts and engineers
- Advocate for research within the organization by guiding stakeholders toward the best areas of study, methodologies, and a shared understanding of our users
- Conduct iterative research and communicate findings in a systematic way to partners
- Identify and answer questions that inspire product change
What We’re Looking For
- At least 7+ years experience with UX Research work, with education and training taken into consideration
- Proven experience influencing product roadmaps in a way that impacts the business
- Solid understanding of UX/Design Research methods
- Experience working directly with product teams (primarily Product Design and Product Management)
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from user data, and building relationships across interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Basic familiarity with analytics and quantitative research
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.