GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this staff-level role, you'll have the opportunity to join GlossGenius as an early member of the Data Engineering team. You'll be meeting a distinct need and will be responsible for providing technical leadership with regards to data priorities -- making a large-scale impact across both Engineering and Business functions. You will work cross-functionally to design and help build our Data Platform that allows the entire company to use data in their day to day work.
What You’ll Do
- Work independently to drive forward GlossGenius' data priorities as a founding member of the company's data team (within the engineering team)
- Design and develop the data platform to efficiently address various data needs across the business
- Maintain existing data pipelines and develop new data pipelines using big data technologies
- Work on structured, semi-structured data to put company data to business use. This will involve organizing the data (collecting, storing, processing)
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable
- Continually drive our engineering standards (code reuse, documentation, testing, etc.) and levels of service forward
- Analyze large sets of structured and semi-structured data for business analytics using cutting-edge and open source tools and techniques.
- Work with technical and non-technical team members to advise on data
- Integrate new sources of data required by the GlossGenius business team and ensure that data quality and warehouse structure remains very high
- Fully manage the data lake(Snowflake) and all of the data and structure within it
- Develop and create ways to share secure data shares with external partners
- Technical mentor to the growing data engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in data focused technical leadership roles
- You understand large data sets and their application to business. You're comfortable as the data expert at a company and you're able to explain the business significance of every single field on every object.
- You have the ability to ingest large amounts of structured and unstructured data and ensure that the data is beautifully structured and formatted in the data warehouse in such a way that is consistent and easy to utilize and leverage and understand.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- You're a querying expert!
- You take large and complex projects and create clear prioritization and estimations around each task.
- You enjoy working cross-functionally to answer questions and advise on the availability of data.
- You're excited about having impact at a quickly-growing tech startup!
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.