GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
In this role, you will be a Senior Engineer on one of our "product squads" where you will be responsible for delivering a number of large-scale product initiatives and will be building and owning key features, infrastructure and data that powers our platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact at a high growth company.
What you’ll do
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- You'll help others on your team do the same by providing code reviews and mentoring
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security; always approaching situations with a bias to action
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap initiatives and be involved in the product ideation process
- Take high-level business requirements and develop the technical details behind them. Collaborate with Product Managers to write epics and projects and ensure they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, well understood by the team and sized correctly for continuous deployment.
- Architect tools, services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- Uphold GlossGenius’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering; you're a generalist or a master. At GG we hire, support and grow both generalists who want to work across the entire stack as well as masters going deep and setting standards in particular domains
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You're a continuous learner - learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- You enjoy shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- You have prior experience leading and owning impactful and critical technology initiatives for organizations
- You have experience in end-to-end product development from working with Product Managers to shape the product, providing feedback and design spec review with UI/UX designers, breaking work down into manageable tasks for a team using continuous deployment, testing, deployment, and monitoring
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.