GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About The Role
We are building out our Engineering leadership team at GlossGenius and are looking to bring on our first-ever Data Engineering Manager. In this role, you will hire and lead a team of data engineers responsible for building efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-informed decisions across the company. This is a hands-on role with a small team, where you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and serve as the subject matter expert on all things data at GlossGenius.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain roadmap and long-term vision for GlossGenius's people, process, and technology around data
- Hire, build and lead GlossGenius’s Data Engineering organization from the ground up, fostering a data-driven culture and overseeing career development and performance management
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across GlossGenius
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the GlossGenius product portfolio evolves
- Develop and take ownership of our data lake, warehouse, related data pipelines, and comprehensive reporting dashboards to empower data access and self-service, and to instrument critical business metrics
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on data at GlossGenius
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools
- Experience building and scaling a company's data engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful data engineering organizations at quickly growing startups
- Proven track record of being able to synthesize and derive a clear and prioritized roadmap based on a large number of business needs and requirements
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.