GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this staff-level role, you'll have the opportunity to join GlossGenius as an early member of the Production Engineering team. You'll be meeting a distinct technical leadership need and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a scalable and reliable traffic delivery infrastructure for GlossGenius’ product portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Lead technical conversations and decision making with regards to the design and implementation of infrastructure, tools, and services that our engineering teams build upon
- Working with Product and Engineering peers to build an infrastructure platform that is reliable, scalable, secure and reduces manual toil
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of the end-to-end configuration and success of our traffic networking
- Scope, design and implement platform solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance.
- Help transition the GlossGenius product onto the AWS platform, contributing to the technical direction and helping to provide mentorship to other members of the team
- Understand industry and company-wide trends to help assess and develop new technologies
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to ensure optimal application performance and scalability to build highly resilient systems
- Build a networking infrastructure to support product expansion with world-class security, performance and maintainability
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security; always approaching situations with a bias to action
- Technical mentor to the growing production engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience working with cloud technologies in Production Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps or DevOps equivalent roles
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) having designed, built, and maintained cloud platforms that run production-grade services and traffic
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure that support 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Experience with container technology using Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- You prefer taking projects from start to finish and are outcome oriented
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.