GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
The GlossGenius People & Talent team strives to deliver a world-class employee experience. This includes making sure our processes and systems support our growing needs. As part of the team, the People Operations Generalist is an integral part of our success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.
What you'll do
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions received through People team channels regarding benefits, payroll, policies, and other People Ops-related topics
- Ensure timely administrative execution of new hire onboarding and terminations including paperwork collection and storage, I-9 completion, and HR systems updates
- Own all aspects of maintaining employee data throughout the full employee life cycle (including employee changes, organizational updates and audits) and build out systems and processes to ensure data integrity
- Collaborate on research and development for people programs and policies to ensure compliance and incorporate employee feedback
- Seek out creative solutions to provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating when necessary
- Review payroll and manage off-cycle and supplemental payments
- Support benefits and perks administration, employment verifications, workers’ compensation and leave of absence paperwork, and visa processing
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders regarding employee initiatives and processes
- Support and promote our company values, principles and ongoing DEIB initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3+ years previous experience in people operations working with HRIS/HR tools (experience with remote/hybrid organizations and tech start-ups is a plus)
- SHRM or PHR certification is a plus
- Tech-savvy and a quick study for software
- Excellent eye for detail work where verbal and written communications are accurate and timely
- Foundational knowledge of HR-related employment laws
- Experience partnering with leaders to help with people team initiatives in a compassionate and collaborative manner
- Thrives in a fully remote, distributed environment
- Self-motivated with a passion for follow-through and completion of work - you’re excellent at time management, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative, manage change, and offer alternatives
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.