GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small businesses owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
We are building out our Engineering leadership team at GlossGenius and are looking to bring on our first-ever Production Engineering Manager. In this role, you will hire and lead a team of Production Engineers responsible for designing and developing a scalable infrastructure across the entire GlossGenius ecosystem. This is a hands-on role with a small team, where you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership with regards to Site Reliability, and Cloud Infrastructure at GlossGenius.
What You'll Do
- Lead, grow and inspire the cloud infrastructure engineering teams, while building strong ownership and accountability within the team and management layer as the business and product complexity grows at rapid pace
- Lead a team of production engineers that design and develop scalable infrastructure and software tooling solutions across the entire GlossGenius platform
- Promote CI/CD/monitoring/alerting standardization across multiple development teams and application services
- Build long term technical and team strategies that align with GlossGenius’ strategic plan and influence the overall company direction. You will own the long term technical vision and roadmap.
- Drive the infrastructural-level migration to service-oriented architecture
- Build best-in-class CI/CD pipelines and workflows across our back-end, web and mobile applications.
- Work with other Engineering Managers and Senior Engineering Leaders to define what operational excellence looks like GG. Including defining the On Call process across all engineering teams
- Build and develop engineering teams while challenging and motivating teams to deliver significant impact to our users
- Oversee application and infrastructure architecture to ensure operational and development security best practices are embedded in the foundation of the way GlossGenius delivers its products and services
- Drive adoption and a culture of security champions using your influence to drive practical solutions and implementations in a complex and diverse application and product stack
- Forge strong partnerships with leaders across the company and use your influence to ensure mainstream adoption for current and future state products
- Grow the team by working with recruiting to identify and hire excellent engineering and leadership talent
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing best production engineering practices across the org
What We’re Looking For
- You have 5+ years of experience in engineering, with a strong background in infrastructure, DevOps or SRE at a high-growth startup
- Experience building and scaling a company's DevOps or infrastructure engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful engineering organizations at quickly growing startups.
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction
- Experience leading teams; the ability to manage processes and the flow of work in a complex environment; the ability to regularly improve processes
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.