Who We Are
GlossGenius is the platform that tens of thousands of small businesses across the beauty and wellness space rely on every single day to run their business. We empower small business owners to be more successful by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more. In a short period of time, we’ve become one of the industry’s fastest growing and best solutions.
We have a proven product-market fit, a strong customer base, and significant growth momentum. Given the position we’re in today, we recognize that we have multiple platform opportunities ahead of us.
Here are some highlights that we’re proud of:
- We now serve tens of thousands of businesses across the US, and we’re growing every day.
- Customers are obsessed with our products.
- We launched gorgeous card readers that users are RAVING about!
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions of dollars in appointments or platform activity.
- Closed distribution deals with the nation’s largest salon suite partners including Sola Salon Studios and IMAGE Studios 360, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice and creating inherent lock-in.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication, Beauty LaunchPad in December 2019.
- Proven average revenue per user expansion and net retention rates with low churn.
Where You Fit In
As an Executive Assistant at GlossGenius, you'll directly support the CEO and Office of the CEO at a time of huge growth for the company. You'll report into the Chief of Staff.
What You'll Own & Do
GlossGenius is hiring a motivated, high-growth Executive Assistant to work directly with the CEO so she is able to focus on the most important projects for growing our business. You won't just execute on scheduling, you'll help spot inefficiencies in how the Office of the CEO operates and implement processes and systems to fix them. You'll be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. You'll get your hands dirty in a lot of different areas of a quickly scaling business. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Full calendar and scheduling support for GlossGenius' CEO, including internal and external meetings. You will build and follow strong calendar prioritization principles to help determine the most efficient use of time.
- Occasional personal scheduling requests such as appointment / reservation scheduling and travel booking.
- Taking notes and tracking to-dos, both from meetings and requests that come in via email / Slack / etc.
- Helping ensure executives' timespend is aligned with company priorities.
- Paying company bills, managing vendor accounts, and submitting expenses.
- Planning company events and board meetings.
GlossGenius is a high-growth, high-performance company and the sky's the limit for additional projects you could tackle. We would expect you to take on additional initiatives within the executive team, operations, or people ops space as aligned with your skills/interests and business needs.
You are perfect for this role if…
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented — you don't just care about the little things, you obsess over them. You notice when something isn't quite right and you take initiative to fix it.
- You love making someone's world runs smoothly.
- You're a professional, collaborative, and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- You're an exceptional owner — you see a problem, you solve it.
- You love working with people! You have high EQ and can balance holding people accountable while maintaining a good rapport with them. You're comfortable standing up to senior leaders to protect your executive's time.
- You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments. You make order out of chaos.
- You have excellent professional discretion and are comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You have 3-6 years of administrative work experience, including some startup experience, and a bachelor's degree.
- You are based in or willing to relocate to NYC (though you will have some flexibility to work from home even after the office reopens)
Bonus points if:
- You have experience planning events and/or board meetings
- You have strong Excel skills
What we offer our employees:
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive health benefits (including dental and vision)
- Employee contributed 401K
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive paid parental leave policy. Family building benefit and stipend with Carrot.
- Flexible work-from-home policy after our NYC office reopens
- Learning and development opportunities and allowance (learning is at the core of all we do - we always want our employees to have the ability to level up their skills!)
- Team events and unlimited (and super cool) GlossGenius swag
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.