Who We Are
GlossGenius is one of the quickest growing solutions powering business owners across the US with elegant, vibrant, and intuitive software. GlossGenius’s complete “business-in-a-box” platform was designed to empower professionals to focus on being creators, not admins. GlossGenius is creating a generational brand that’s empowering offline service providers to be successful entrepreneurs.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is already reaching millions of end clients and facilitating hundreds of millions of booking GMV on its platform for business owners.
GlossGenius is backed by a top tier venture investment firm, Bessemer Venture Partners, in addition to a number of other well-known strategic operators and investors.
Check out some content featuring our product and customers here:
- GlossGenius- New Card Reader
- Celebrating GlossGenius Business Owners
- Beauty Industry Update Virtual Salon Summit
Here are some highlights that we’re proud of:
- With no sales team, our customer base has grown almost exclusively through a robust word-of-mouth channel, which speaks to the strength and design of the product.
- Customers are obsessed with our design-centric products
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions $ in appointments and platform activity.
- Closed deals with the nation’s largest salon partners, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication Beauty LaunchPad.
- Helped small business around the US navigate COVID and build even more resilient businesses
We are a team of over 90 brilliant, ambitious, super smart and talented professionals obsessed with helping our customers grow and thrive with their businesses. While our headquarters is in New York City, we have teams working across the world in a number of countries.
We're currently looking to grow our engineering team significantly and are looking to fill more than 30 new engineering positions at the company.
About the Role
In this role, you will be one of the Staff engineers technically leading one of our "product squads" where you will be responsible for delivering a number of large-scale product initiatives and will be building and owning key features, infrastructure and data that powers our platform. You will have high impact at a relatively small company for our user base. You can expect to:
- Advise GlossGenius’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of our technology stack and product roadmap
- Thrive in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long term roadmaps and making effective tradeoffs considering business priorities, but always with our customers' businesses in mind
- Build systems that manage customers’ sensitive data and hold GlossGenius to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Teach and mentor ICs and managers to become the next generation of leaders at GlossGenius
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can build and move quickly, without ever showing a negative impact to customers
- You have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with software engineering and designing large scale systems.
- You have served as the technical lead for large complex projects that span multiple teams and functions.
- You have developed / been responsible for the technical roadmap for large business areas.
- Experience working for a leading payments company is a huge plus - you bring expertise in complex payments platforms
- Innate curiosity and a desire to be responsible for all aspects of reliably moving customers' earnings in a small, highly focused team
- Understanding and curiosity in creating highly available, scalable, low-latency systems
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects, research, or open source projects
- Full-stack experience a plus, but not required!
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.