Who We Are
GlossGenius is one of the quickest growing solutions powering business owners across the US with elegant, vibrant, and intuitive software. GlossGenius’s complete “business-in-a-box” platform was designed to empower professionals to focus on being creators, not admins. GlossGenius is creating a generational brand that’s empowering offline service providers to be successful entrepreneurs.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is already reaching millions of end clients and facilitating hundreds of millions of booking GMV on its platform for business owners.
GlossGenius is backed by a top tier venture investment firm, Bessemer Venture Partners, in addition to a number of other well-known strategic operators and investors.
Check out some content featuring our product and customers here:
- GlossGenius- New Card Reader
- Celebrating GlossGenius Business Owners
- Beauty Industry Update Virtual Salon Summit
Here are some highlights that we’re proud of:
- With no sales team, our customer base has grown almost exclusively through a robust word-of-mouth channel, which speaks to the strength and design of the product.
- Customers are obsessed with our design-centric products
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions $ in appointments and platform activity.
- Closed deals with the nation’s largest salon partners, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication Beauty LaunchPad.
- Helped small business around the US navigate COVID and build even more resilient businesses
About this Role:
This is a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping our international recruiting function and ensuring our recruiting strategy aligns with our core business objectives. As an early member of GlossGenius, you will lay the foundations for our Talent team and you will work across Engineering and Product functions to build a diverse team of extremely talented people. This role reports directly to the Director of Talent and you will have the opportunity to work closely with the CTO, making a great impact across the entire organization.
The Impact you will Make:
- You will play a major role in scaling the GlossGenius Engineering and Product teams internationally - you will help our entire organization scale
- You'll partner with Engineering and Product hiring managers to determine key competencies for the roles and create systematic hiring processes that identifies candidate's alignment to these competencies and our core values.
- You will partner with our Director of Talent on key Talent initiatives such as creating a best in class technical recruiting process, employer branding strategy, improving our recruiting operations, and creating an excellent candidate experience.
- Utilize key metrics to detect insights and adjust our recruiting strategy accordingly to optimize your impact
- Manage diverse stakeholders and reqs and build and maintain candidate pipelines across Engineering and Product teams
What the day-to-day looks like:
- Managing the end-to-end recruiting lifecycle from sourcing to offer acceptance:
- Sourcing, uncovering, and engaging top talent using various methods and sources across a breadth of roles and levels
- Managing relationships with recruiting partners for international engineering roles
- A/B testing outreach strategies and cadence to improve our candidate response rates
- Partnering with hiring managers on hiring needs and priorities to implement best-in-class talent acquisition strategies and update our strategic hiring roadmap based on existing org needs, and proactively plan for growth
- Ideating ways to engage passive talent pools especially for recurring and hard-to-fill positions
What we are looking for:
- You have experience as a full-cycle technical recruiter who has experience at an early-stage or growth-stage startup (ideally SaaS) and can effectively own 10+ requisitions at a time.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience
- You have experience sourcing across a variety of platforms and writing boolean strings to identify qualified candidates for Technical roles.
- You have an incredible work-ethic and desire to consistently achieve excellence and deliver results.
- You have experience designing processes and continuously iterating on them to increase efficiency and ensure strong implementation practices and adoptability across the company.
- You have a true passion for people and understanding what drives and motivates people. You can tell candidates an accurate but personalized narrative that gets them excited about the opportunity at GlossGenius.
- You are a superb communicator —
- You are able to crisply synthesize and communicate information — both to understand what Hiring Managers need for a job and to be able to communicate to Hiring Managers about candidates as effectively as possible
- You are able to be a strong active listener while interviewing candidates and asking probing questions based on what the candidate has communicated
- You are data-driven and constantly strive to keep the team informed and optimize our hiring funnel and processes by measuring and reporting key metrics such as: Time-to-fill, passing rates, outbound response rates, etc.
- You are intrinsically motivated and desire to develop a deep understanding of GlossGenius’ culture, values, product and competitors; you use this knowledge to write effective job descriptions, improve recruitment strategies, craft compelling messaging to potential candidates, and to appropriately push hiring managers on what hires they need to accomplish their business objectives.
- You are incredibly tenacious — You help interviewers and Hiring Managers understand why timely feedback is critical and you will stop at nothing to get the inputs they need to run their hiring process
- You are able to ruthlessly prioritize. You can cut through the noise to determine the most impactful and efficient strategies and then execute them.
- You have experience using Greenhouse
- You have experience improving diversity across candidate pipelines
- You have a network and rolodex of talented technical individuals to tap into
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.