***PLEASE NOTE: Although this position is "remote," the applicant MUST live and work in Croatia***
About the role:
- Design, develop, document, and implement solutions for Glooko's Diabetes Data Management platform.
- Maintaining software quality and adopt right architectural principles
- Functional and design patterns with a focus on performance, security and scalability
- Proven ability to be an independent thinker and dynamic problem solver
- Design, develop, document and implement solutions for Glooko's Diabetes Data Management platform
- Develop, test, or modify programs, based on and related to user or system design specifications
- Write code that is scalable, modular, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Optimize complex data models for understandability and performance
- Work in an agile development environment with understanding of agile/lean delivery methods
- Design, develop and oversee unit tests to ensure application logic is fully exercised for each application component
- Communicate effectively with team and other stakeholders on stages and project completion goals or dates
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team
- Deliver end-to-end solutions with a focus on hitting delivery milestones
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- 1+ year of experience with mongoDB, DynamoDB or other noSQL databases.
- Experience with automated testing and building pipelines for CI/CD.
- Working experience and knowledge in TDD & BDD development practices
- You are a generalist working on frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- Passionate about developing modern web applications (designing modern REST based APIs, 3rd party integration, Web UI interactions, etc.) using Ruby, Python, or Java.
- You have a passion to build reusable code for future use while ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX Designs.
- Write modularized and clean code and back them up with a good extent of unit tests.
- You have experience with containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases.
- You like to spend time optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- You’re curious to learn and are enthusiastic to share your learnings with your teammates, see yourself as a good team player on all occasions.
- You have experience and knowledge of Scrum and Agile tools. JIRA and Atlassian tools experience is a Plus.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management and provides an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko has a global footprint and is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare. We offer a very stimulating international challenge in an established, stable international company. The responsibility that comes with this role offers the right candidate great development opportunities – and all the excitement that comes with working at a Silicon Valley based company. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of our organization for the future with great influence and great responsibility.
Is this you? If so, don’t hesitate to apply today!