As a product owner, you will develop user stories, manage the development backlog, lead a cross-functional development team, and work closely with key stakeholders (both internal and external) to deliver a complex product in the digital therapeutic space. You’ll be responsible for collaborating closely with the customer, writing detailed requirements, determining prioritization of features, and responding to production questions. On top of that, you will also bridge business and technology to drive innovation by owning the Glooko product life cycle.
About the Role:
- Define user stories and communicate requirements to UX and engineering teams via clearly written requirements documents, diagrams, and concise verbal communication
- Manage and prioritize the product backlog of user stories and features, ensuring clear prioritization for the team
- Participate and lead agile ceremonies including sprint planning and demos, backlog grooming, retros, and PI (Program Increment) planning
- Investigate and analyze requests from internal stakeholders and partners
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, UX, and other stakeholders to deliver products/features that delight users and achieve business goals
- Lead the execution of product deliverables within an Agile environment
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights for business objectives and feature solutions during product decisions/reviews with executives
- Set and manage priorities for engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile development process. Follow through on action items to enable the cross-functional team to accomplish their tasks
- Serve as a subject-matter-expert resource for internal teams that have product questions and other product-related needs
- Collaborate with external partner organizations to effectively deliver shared products/features
- Create demonstrations and technical content to inform and engage with Glooko teams as well as customers and partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while understanding and discussing technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners
- 3+ years in Product Management and ownership, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Comfortable engaging with the Engineering team on technical design discussions and proposing simple, creative solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable working in ambiguity; ability to push forward with incomplete information
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to drive results across a large matrixed organization
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills
- Effective communicator, able to articulate complex/technical concepts into easily digestible language
- Metrics-driven can draw insights from large data sets to iterate on products quickly.
- Motivated, dynamic, creative, and results-oriented
- Flexible, fast learner with effective time-management skills who thrives in a constantly changing work environment
- Excellent writing, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies
- Excellent brainstorming and whiteboarding skills
- Subject matter expertise in healthcare and/or background in the healthcare technology industry
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. Glooko’s products seamlessly unifies data from over 200 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users. The most recently created business unit is Glooko Research, which offers a clinical research platform for pharmaceutical companies, CROs, medical devices companies and other players within the industry.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko's Perks and Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives.
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives.
- 401(k) matching program
- Hardware to get the job done
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
Internet/cell phone reimbursement
- Generous annual reimbursement for our Glooko Professional Development Program
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.