We’re looking for an IT Operations Engineer to join us here at GWI. Not just any engineer though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we zero in on what matters, we’re not afraid to be real and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
You’ll lead the charge for all things IT-related within the Athen’s office. We want to provide our in-office and remote staff with a friction-less experience and you’ll play a big part in delivering this goal. Reporting into the IT Operations Manager, you will work with the global IT team to take the tech experience in the Athens office to the next level. As someone passionate about all things tech, you’ll be excited to ask questions big and small, with the aim of problem solving.
Key roles and responsibilities:
First and foremost you’ll be at the forefront of delivering a best in class workplace experience for our GWIers. This will take imagination, creativity and energy every single day. You’ll work closely with our People & Culture, our MSP based in London and other operations teams. You’ll be a key player in making sure it all happens.
- With the aid of the IT Operations Manager, you will source and manage relationships with our external vendors to make sure the right equipment is always available.
- You’ll be responsible for handling and resolving all level 1 & 2 tickets generated by all Athens and EU staff and will occasionally resolve tickets for other offices.
- You’ll need to have an in-office presence to support events and provide onsite tech support.
- This role is the first of its kind in Athens so you will be inquisitive and ask questions to local staff as to uncover gaps in service and identify pain points.
- You’ll be supporting both onsite and offsite meetings and events, making sure that they are memorable for all the right reasons.
- Our team in Athens is growing and in the future you may need to support a local LAN (Meraki)
- You will help with continuous improvement and may need to discover, source and install equipment including AV equipment, Mobile Devices, TV’s ect local to the Athens office.
- You will support new joiners subscriptions with our telecommunication provider
- You’ll partner with our Workspace Op teams to provide stellar service to all staff.
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- You have a deep understanding of why it is important to provide excellent service to customers face to face and/or remotely.
- You have experience managing a local fleet of 100+ devices and know what it takes to align our inventory to policies
- You’ve got strong troubleshooting skills across multiple operating systems including Windows & MacOS.
- You are confident supporting cloud-based software such Slack, 0365
- You have a competent understanding of MDM tools such as JamF (or MobileIron, Intune) and are familiar with creating and deploying packages.
- Experience with soliciting and engaging with vendors. Familiarity with purchasing and equipment lifecycle management.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation & troubleshooting.
- Experience in supporting AV equipment & platforms, both in person and virtually.
- Experience with high-volume ticketing systems like FreshService, ServiceNow or Zendesk
- Strong Understanding of small to medium sized device management tools such as JamF, Manage Engine or Kanji
- Experience with Google Workspace administration
- Experience with cloud-based identity/user management platforms like Jumpcloud, Okta or Azure
About the benefits
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Enhanced primary caregiver and co-caregiver’s benefits
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Mobile phone contract
- Early finishes on Fridays
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Social activities and team outings
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies, consistently renewing over 98% of our client base and doubling in size and revenue year-on-year. Our survey now represents more than 2 billion connected consumers, creating over 40,000 data points for clients including Twitter, Google, Spotify, WPP and Omnicom Group.
We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
About Diversity and Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, and it’s really important to us that it stays that way. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.