We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join us here at GWI. Not just any Data Analyst though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we zero in on what matters, we’re not afraid to be real and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
Our Data Science department at GWI is committed to helping our customers arrive at the insights they need to understand their audience. From intelligent product features to custom analytical solutions, we are supporting the business at every level as data is at the very core of what we do. We are actively engaged throughout the entire data life cycle including data cleaning, data processing, designing and automating data workflows, and investigating new trends and unexpected findings. Our team values learning and keeping abreast of the latest research very highly and as a result we’re applying a wide range of techniques across machine learning, deep learning, probabilistic graphical models and natural language processing to the services and features we build. We are a diverse team with different backgrounds spread across two locations, Athens and London, and growing rapidly.
At GWI, we run the largest globally harmonised market research data set across nearly fifty countries and growing. At the same time, we are growing the range of syndicated data sets that we currently offer in order to become even more relevant to certain markets and verticals.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Data Analyst who will support the data needs of Research, and who will help ensure we provide the highest standards of data quality on the market. The role will involve a range of different tasks from advising on weighting methodology, resolving data discrepancies, and working with various stakeholders on the creation and automation of processes and reports.
The ideal candidate will be able to get up to speed with our large taxonomy and data sets quickly and develop a deep intuition behind how they have evolved over time. This role is directly responsible for ensuring the data we provide is of the highest quality. The team sees itself as the ambassador for data, and the drive to ensure the best data is delivered is at the heart of what we do.
This position will report to the Data Operations manager.
- Manipulate complex datasets using tools such as Python
- To take ownership of projects and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in order to deliver successful projects
- Ability to engage well with other parts of the business such as developers, product managers and researchers
- Contribute to the many projects we have including automating our data processing as much as possible
- Work with internal teams to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly and putting measures in place to ensure data quality; and general problem solving
- Work with our Engineering and Product Development teams to manage the process of loading data in our platform
- To be able to synthesize information and communicate it to a non-technical audience
- To express complicated information with clarity
- Bachelor’s degree in a related numerate field. This could include any studying related to (and certainly not limited to) data analysis, mathematics, psychology, computer science, research, statistics etc.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience using Python, in particular numpy and pandas
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for data quality, good documentation and attention to detail
- A growth mindset and a team mentality
Nice to have
- Experience with Github and Jupyter
- Experience with market research and survey analysis
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Unix Workbench
- A Master’s degree or higher
About the benefits
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile phone contract
- 3.30pm finish on Fridays during summer and 4.30pm finish the rest of the year
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Social activities and team outings
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behavior and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies, consistently renewing over 98% of our client base and doubling in size and revenue year-on-year. Our survey now represents more than 2 billion connected consumers, creating over 40,000 data points for clients including Twitter, Google, Spotify, WPP and Omnicom Group.
We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
About diversity and inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, and it’s really important to us that it stays that way. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.