We are seeking a corporate attorney to work closely with the Company’s management team and serve as legal counsel for a wide-variety of legal matters. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires collaboration with various functions throughout the company. This role will provide ample opportunities to learn, be challenged, and to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, you will support and partner closely with the Company’s management and legal teams across various subject areas including corporate finance, global expansion, regulatory affairs, investor relations and, where appropriate, will oversee and work closely with external legal counsel specialty area experts, to provide legal guidance and support for the Company’s transactional, operational and reporting matters across the full spectrum of the Company’s operations and legal affairs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of complex legal transactions and support for all types of business development transactions
- Work with in-country legal and accounting firms to support Globalization Partners’ global expansion efforts and management of the global legal entities
- Liaise with internal teams, outside service providers and other parties to initiate, monitor and assure timely and proper completion of operationalizing our global entities
- Counsel and provide legal support to the leadership team in connection with business development opportunities as well as business operations and collaboration issues under existing and completed business development relationships and transactions
- Structure complex transactions and develop solutions to challenging legal and business issues arising in the deal context while appropriately managing risk
- Draft, negotiate and interpret a variety of transactional agreements and documents
- Coordinate activities of large deal teams and internal and external stakeholders, from due diligence through closing and integration.
- Manage teams responsible for timely and flawless execution of large-scale transactions, including managing securities filings, regulatory approvals, integration planning, shareholder approvals, implementation of legal entity plans and local deal implementation activities and providing legal support for operational readiness work in multiple jurisdictions worldwide
- 7-9 years' experience as a corporate or transactional attorney in a large national or international law firm or in house legal department.
- Broad corporate and transactional law experience, including extensive experience in corporate finance, securities, M&A and other corporate law matters and transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound and practical judgment, as well as common sense
- Ability to work independently and under tight timelines and to plan, prioritize and organize multiple cross-functional tasks
- Strong leadership, analytical, organization and project management skills
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate across various groups