At Globality, we’re proud to embody the core values of innovation, collaboration, and trust in both our culture and product.
We’re creating ground-breaking technology utilizing a world-class, AI-powered Platform that revolutionizes how businesses buy and sell services. We are an open, inclusive, and diverse organization and our employees are at the heart of the great products we create.
We’ve raised over $172M and are supported by an impressive group of prominent investors, including Al Gore and SoftBank Vision Fund. Our co-founders, Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo, are seasoned entrepreneurs who bring an extensive business-building experience to our organization. Our impressive board includes Mark Hurd (CEO of Oracle), Dennis Nally (former Global Chairman of PwC), and Ron Johnson (former SVP of Apple).
We’re excited to deliver the best in both innovative technologies and customer-focused experiences to realize our mission of creating a more inclusive global economy. Come help us build something great!
The candidate should be well versed with existing open source frameworks such as word2vec, NLTK and Stanford CoreNLP, and have a good understanding of the underlying machine learning techniques and algorithms used to facilitate these tasks, including more recent developments such as the use of word embedding vectors with deep learning architectures for tasks such as text classification and structured sequence prediction.
What you will be doing:
- Be a primary contributor to the design and implementation of our core NLP-powered products. In collaboration with our data scientists and senior engineers, you'll be introducing novel NLP-powered experiences, improving on existing models, and driving innovation through-out the product using techniques such as Text Classification, Named Entity Recognition, Relation Extraction, and Attention-based models
- Evaluate the quality and performance of existing NLP models. By using established evaluation metrics and helping define relevant product KPIs, as well as building practical end-to-end testing tools, help deliver consistently high-quality models
- Wrangle messy data. Real-world data, especially as found on the web, comes in all shapes and sizes, and can often be messy. Working alongside our Data Pipeline engineers, drive solutions for cleaning noisy text, normalizing it and ensuring high-quality search results
What we're looking for:
- You have a strong background in implementing natural language processing and machine learning solutions
- You have at least 4 years of industry experience
- You have built and deployed services at scale
- You've worked on products where evaluating solution performance and iterating quickly was part of your day-to-day
- You're committed to quality as a top priority, including security and performance
- You think that culture is something that you build, not just a buzzword
- You have any experience working with open source projects in a startup environment.
* Experience working with Python is a big plus, specifically frameworks such as NLTK, spaCy, Keras, TensorFlow
Based in Menlo Park, CA, Globality, Inc. is a startup focused on making globalization work for small and midsize companies, using a combination of human expert curation and machine intelligence.
Supported by an impressive group of prominent investors, including Al Gore and Ron Johnson, and co-founded by serial entrepreneurs, Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo, Globality is well-funded and poised for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating.