Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
What’s the opportunity?
Glean is looking for an experienced Brand Designer who can create, evolve and push our brand identity forward across channels, and ensure that every moment - no matter how big or small - feels, looks, and sounds like Glean.
As the first Brand Designer on the team, you'll play a foundational role in shaping the brand design function at Glean, getting a chance to work on projects ranging from evolving our brand to redesigning our marketing site, to supporting marketing campaigns and product launches, to shaping how the team works. You’ll collaborate closely with members of our marketing, product, design, and engineering team to improve, maintain, and evolve our brand into one that inspires others and gives us an edge in the market.
Brand Design is a part of our broader Design Team, which works across both brand and product design to influence almost every experience we create for our audience, customers, and employees.
What will I be doing?
- Elevate and expand our brand by creating intentional, contextual, and beautiful visual assets and interactions, which we can use in places ranging from the top of the funnel to branded moments directly within our product
- Partner with marketing teammates to create high-quality and delightful brand moments across our marketing channels that deliver on our business strategy, keeping our audience top of mind.
- Collaborate with folks across the business to ensure internal and external assets are polished and aligned with the Glean brand
- Create a marketing design system
What skills do I need?
- ~4+ years prior brand design experience, with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of brand identity, marketing campaign, and information design (B2B experience is a plus)
- Proficiency in tools like Figma and Adobe CC
- Experience in motion design (in execution and/or art direction)
- Strong visual sensibilities, from high-level strategic direction to production details
- Experience building or working with design systems across brand and product design
- Experience collaborating with different disciplines and incorporating feedback into your work.
- Strong written, verbal, and storytelling skills to present ideas effectively to stakeholders and help people across the company understand the rationale behind your designs.
- A general understanding of business goals, strategy, and performance/growth marketing
- A learning, self-starter, and growth mindset with an ability to navigate ambiguous projects and own problems, a sense of curiosity, and a desire to make things better.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.