Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
The Platform Team is designing and building foundational components which enables Glassdoor Engineering to more easily build, operate, and scale the many services which power the foundation of Glassdoor.com platform and mobile/desktop products. As a relatively new team at Glassdoor, we have the opportunity to shape the technical architecture and engineering culture through our work.
What You’ll Do
- You are passionate about development and have a strong background in building dynamic high-volume, distributed systems in Java using an Agile methodology.
- You enjoy brainstorming and architecture design discussions with your team members in addition to spending a good amount of your time coding high-priority initiatives.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy giving thoughtful feedback on things like pull requests and product specifications.
- You enjoy working closely with partners in different fields (front end engineering, DevOps, product, and SEO ops) during the software development process.
- You recognize the value of shipping and are able to make good trade-offs in order to get something in the hands of customers.
- You understand the value of testing and make good decisions about what to test when building software.
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to add to our culture of DEI
- Experience building high-quality, secure services for high-traffic websites.
- Experience with a JVM language (Kotlin/Java).
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
- Experience with databases like Postgres, MSSQL, or MySQL.
- Experience crafting and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience building products and services in an agile environment.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- A strong desire and ability to add to our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range*: $148k-$222k
- Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
Annual Bonus Target**: 10%
**Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance evaluations
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for the very top performers.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.
- Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
- Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
US & Ontario Only
Where legally permitted, Glassdoor requires all employees who report to a workplace, or travel and/or attend in-person meetings, including client visits, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at a Glassdoor office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide acceptable proof of vaccination before their first day of employment as a condition of employment. Glassdoor will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, two weeks should have elapsed since receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or since receiving a single dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.