Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
Glassdoor’s mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We're transforming the recruitment industry through the power of transparency. As the world’s leading career community, our vision is a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers. And the main way we reach new users and expand our community is through SEO at tremendous scale. That’s where you come in. The Director of Global SEO will lead a high performing team of SEO professionals in all aspects of SEO strategy, including technical SEO, content strategy, and PR/link/authority building, as well as analysis and forecasting of organic search traffic.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of our globally-distributed, experienced, in-house SEO team, including three direct reports. This is a player-coach role, and as the team lead you will have individual responsibility for our most strategically important SEO projects.
- Partner with a product/engineering team that is specifically dedicated to SEO infrastructure and enablement.
- Hold primary responsibility for all of Glassdoor’s global SEO strategy.
- Partner with Glassdoor’s international localization team to optimize our product across 23 countries and 7 languages
- Contribute to Glassdoor’s overall content strategy, including user-generated reviews and salaries, community forum content, and editorial content, as well as our job search pages.
- Contribute to Glassdoor’s overall marketing strategy, including digital PR, brand advertising, and other areas that may affect SEO authority.
- Contribute to Glassdoor’s overall product strategy, helping us to identify new product areas that offer SEO opportunities.
- Advise product, marketing, and executive leadership about SEO issues and opportunities.
- Partner and collaborate with SEO leaders from our affiliated companies, Indeed and Fishbowl.
- Grow to become an expert in Google’s vertical search engineer for jobs (a.k.a, “Google for Jobs”) and lead our strategy.
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to add to our culture of DEI
- 7+ years experience in SEO or related fields.
- Proven track record of managing a team of SEO professionals.
- Experience with an in-house SEO operation, or highly integrated agency arrangement, working closely with product and engineering teams.
- Prior experience working for a large-scale content publisher, user-generated content, e-commerce, news, content aggregation, or social site is preferred.
- Strong sense of product quality and user empathy, with an intuitive understanding of tradeoffs between SEO metrics and user experience.
- Familiarity with technical SEO and enterprise-level engineering process.
- Experience with SEO at immense scale – we have hundreds of millions of pages.
- Adept at communicating SEO ideas and strategies in an easily digestible manner to non-technical stakeholders, including executive leaders.
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range*: $178,700 - $268,100
*Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
Annual Bonus Target**: 20%
**Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance reviews
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for the very top performers.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.* Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
*Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
US & Ontario Only
Where legally permitted, Glassdoor requires all employees who report to a workplace, or travel and/or attend in-person meetings, including client visits, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at a Glassdoor office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide acceptable proof of vaccination before their first day of employment as a condition of employment. Glassdoor will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, two weeks should have elapsed since receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or since receiving a single dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.