Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
Glassdoor operates as a part of Recruit Holdings’ growing HR Technology business segment of which Indeed is also a subsidiary. Glassdoor is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded by Robert Hohman, Rich Barton and Tim Besse in 2007, before its launch in 2008.
As the Head of Product Design, you’ll lead a team of over 20 designers and user researchers passionate about building the future of Design for Glassdoor. You will also be a member of the Product Leadership team, contributing the future Product direction of Glassdoor.
Our ideal candidate is aligned with our mission and culture; a seasoned leader with drive, innovation, and design thinking. They will be highly motivated to build a vision and strategy for design at Glassdoor and the team, capabilities and partnerships needed to accomplish that vision.
Compensation: $264,000 - $330,000
*At Glassdoor, operating transparently is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we let job seekers know that salary ranges may differ for jobs depending on where these positions are filled. It’s no secret that the cost of living and other economic considerations vary widely across the country and the world.
At Glassdoor we utilize a “tier” system to promote consistency in level of compensation for where roles are filled in different locations. The tiers are as follows:
- Tier 1 encompasses the highest salary range for states where large metropolitan areas are located (ie: San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, & etc)
- Tier 2 encompasses salary ranges 15% less than those in Tier 1 for states with mid-sized cities (ie: Chicago, Dallas, Portland, etc)
- Tier 3 encompasses salary ranges 20% less than those in Tier 1 for states with smaller cities (including our Ohio office, Nevada, etc)
What You'll Do:
- Focused on driving customer and business outcomes, by translating our Product Vision and OKRs into a vision for Product Design at Glassdoor. Proven track record of how to translate vision into strategic direction.
- Build a vision for the future of the Design team needed to deliver business priorities.
- Closely partner with B2B, Consumer, and Machine Learning Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other cross-functional partners to deeply understand the business direction, customer needs and how the user experience can meet those needs.
- Partner with Indeed, Fishbowl and other Recruit Holdings companies to create a user and design journey
- Led or worked closely with user research and marketing research to inform and validate design strategy and decisions.
- Developing and driving design systems for both brand and product
What You’ll Bring
- Leading sizable (over 20 people) and inclusive design teams, that include Product Design, UX Research, Content Design, Design Operations, and Design Systems
- Drive product process to ensure innovation and iterations across the entire product team
- Translate business priorities into a design vision, strategy, roadmap and OKRs; while contributing your own ideas and solutions
- Work with insights derived from quantitative and qualitative research to drive vision and direction
- Successful cross-functional engagement with product management, engineering, and marketing
- Ability to bring diverse, equitable and inclusive thinking to all decisions and work
- Executive presence and gravity, credibility at all levels
- Compelling communicator and storyteller. Able to bring diverse audiences on the product journey.
- Create systems, behaviour and design solutions with a high level of craft.
- Drive multi-brand strategies collaborating with brand marketing for complete experiences
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage.
- Equity Incentives in our parent company's ADR (Recruit Holdings, Stock ID: 6098T).
- Annual 10% bonus aligning with bi-annual performance reviews.
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future.
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off.
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- GRIT: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.