Glassdoor's mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re redefining an entire industry through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers. We help companies attract and retain top talent by telling their employer brand story in their own words. We also surface invaluable information for job seekers and employees, such as company reviews, salaries, interviews, and benefits, in our open job postings. We provide useful insights which empower our users to discover their own value and opportunities in the career marketplace.
Glassdoor's UX Research team is growing! We are looking for an inspired, versatile User Experience Researcher with 2-3 years of in-house research or research agency experience conducting UX research studies independently. We need someone who is passionate about understanding the users of our products - what they do and why they do it.
This is a US based role with flexibility to work from a combination of our offices and at home in the San Francisco Bay Area or the Chicago area. (Other locations may be considered.)
The Glassdoor Product group transforms complex problems into simple, intuitive user experiences for millions of people around the world. The UX Research function supports and guides our design process by producing illuminating, impactful insights which inform and improve our design decisions. Reporting to the Senior Manager of User Experience Research as an integral part of our Product Design team, the person in this role will work with a wide range of products and users in our mixed methods practice. Over time, they may develop and own areas of expertise within our product set while they progress to a Senior level role. There will be many opportunities for creative problem solving with different tools, methods, and tactics.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with small working groups of product designers and product managers to develop, plan, and run design research studies
- Lead mostly (70-80%) qualitative studies (e.g. moderated and unmoderated design concept and usability testing, contextual inquiries, diary studies with IDIs) using a range of techniques and tools
- Lead occasional (20-30%) quantitative studies (e.g. card sort surveys, tree test surveys, product usage surveys) using the appropriate tools
- Select relevant use cases and example data for design mockups
- Source and recruit participants from data science or research panels
- Moderate UX research sessions with observers on fast-paced timelines
- Use effective and efficient methods for analysis, carefully examining users' behaviors, words, and emotions, finding signal and filtering out noise
- Write and present outstanding UX research reports which answer the team's questions and surface important, unexpected insights
- Participate in the design iteration process to encourage design thinking, and occasionally perform heuristic evaluations of untested design changes
What you bring:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree in the social sciences, particularly Psychology or Human Computer Interaction
- 2-3 years of experience leading UX research outside academia
- Excellent planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with UX research tools and platforms (e.g. User Interviews, User Testing, Dscout, Optimal Workshop)
- Dedication to the development of phenomenal, innovative products
- Fascination with the workplace experiences and career goals people have
Bonus points for:
- Experience with both B2C and B2B interviewing and moderating
- Range of digital platforms researched (native apps, mobile web experiences, desktop experiences, audio experiences, etc.)
- Knack for visualizing insights with creative, beautiful imagery
If developing your UX research career with a good natured, collaborative team sounds exciting and meaningful, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work with purpose - join us in creating transparency for job seekers and employees everywhere
- Enjoy competitive compensation, medical, dental and retirement benefits, unlimited PTO, wellness benefits, inclusive employee resource groups, and many other perks
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.