Visual Designer, Glance
Glance - An InMobi Group Company
Founded in 2019, Glance is a consumer technology company that operates some of the most disruptive digital platforms including Glance, Roposo, and Glance TV. Glance has redefined the way the internet is consumed on the lock screen, removing the need to search for and download apps. Over 400 million smartphones now come enabled with Glance’s next-generation internet experience.
Roposo has revolutionized commerce by launching a destination for creator-led live entertainment commerce. Glance TV is changing the way consumers engage and interact with their televisions.
Headquartered in Singapore, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi Group and is funded by Jio Platforms, Google, and Mithril Capital. For more information, visit glance.com, roposo.com, and inmobi.com.
What should you know about joining Glance?
At Glance, we walk the talk – free yourself, dream big, and chase your passion! On joining, you’ll have opportunities to make an immediate impact on mission-critical projects, as you work with highly capable and ambitious peer groups.
Be rewarded for your autonomy even as you collaborate. Ideate, innovate, and inspire by leveraging bleeding-edge tech to disrupt consumer experiences.
While you work, we’ll take care of nourishing your body, mind, and soul. This includes daily meals, gym, trainings, tech tools, and regular unwind sessions. Also, feel free to bring your kids – even the furry ones – to the office!
What role you would play, as part of the design organisation?
While a product needs everything going right from the start of finding the balance between the user need and the business opportunity to providing a seamless experience for the consumer. This involves defining the flow, information hierarchy, interaction & so on so forth. The efficacy of all this squarely falls on the ability to deliver a visually arresting, aesthetically elevating experience that could grab attention and hold it for the moment until the design becomes invisible as the consumer derives the intended value through this experience.
- As a Visual designer in the Glance Product Design team, you will be the custodian of producing original end-to-end UI design, motion design, illustration, iconography and prototyping.
- Rather than getting bogged down by pixel perfection or aesthetics, you will make sure no element in the product is either hidden or overly celebrated and it is given the right emphasis it deserves to narrate a visually stunning storytelling experience with design.
- You will work closely with the experience designers and product managers, under the guidance to gather context and design the final UI based on wireframes finalised & agreed upon with product, design, tech & business stakeholders.
- You will ensure the alignment of the proposed visual design solutions as per the design system, brand guidelines and the brand personality right from the early stages.
- You will be shipping the final UI by the guidelines while maintaining the highest standards in visual aesthetics. A glimpse of the bar for design quality can be referred to from the works posted on our team’s Dribbble page.
- You will be a bridge between the product design and the front-end engineering in translating the designed experience into detailed UI specifications.
- You will be the custodian of the product UI right from the design stage until the experience is shipped to production. This means that you will also own the responsibility of creating a quality assessment for all designs in the development stage, ensuring zero loss in quality while in transition from design to development to live production.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience in visual/UI design (only) is a must
- You would be someone who has demonstrated experience in designing interfaces for consumer experiences at scale.
- You would be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment following a rapid iterative design approach, where the only thing constant is change.
- Having a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication and fine arts is a plus.
- Must demonstrate mastery in visual design, user interface design and typography while being an expert in iconography, illustration & motion design.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentational skills to ensure you effectively communicate your designs and all the decisions that shaped them, with your stakeholders.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing recent works as live experiences or preferably in the form of prototypes, but less of static comps.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.