Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
The Koral poll app is a community of like-minded Indians who have come together to help each other with their questions, and opinions in their preferred language - English, Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarati and Marathi - via quick polls and discussions. Koral empowers you to easily and freely ask questions via polls which you encounter in your daily life, validate an idea you are planning to implement, or get to know what others think about a trending topic which interests you, or get opinions on which product to buy before making a purchase decision or follow the communities that interest you.
What will you be doing?
- You will own the front-end development for one or more of our products and collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- You will implement cutting-edge technologies and will be writing state-of-the-art code to keep InMobi at the cutting edge of current technology.
- Your specific expertise will be required to make the site delightful, secure, performant and accessible to all our members.
- Meet with colleagues including product managers, designers and other engineers assigned to your project(s).
What do we expect from you?
- Experience between 3-5 years into frontend development.
- Experience in frameworks such as React, AngularJS etc and good understanding of the basics of these frameworks and their life cycles.(MUST HAVE)
- Deeper understanding of Chrome Dev Tools. Should understand nuances of the timeline for perf monitoring.
- Deeper knowledge of UI optimizations and performance.
- Deeper understanding of network layer, HTTP, HTTPS, cookies, local storage.
- Strong problem solving skills, Good understanding of data structures and algorithms and their space and time complexities.
- Excellent communication skills, good visual design sense, in-depth experience in developing web-based applications.
- Experience leading multi engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CSS fundamentals
- Command an impressive portfolio of the latest UI technologies is a plus
Nice to have skills:
- Tech Skills: Full stack experience NodeJS , GraphQL etc