Lead - Social Media Marketing
Who are we and what do we do?
Glance Founded in 2019, Glance is one of India’ largest lock screen platforms of India and Southeast Asia, enabling consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smartphones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format. Funded by Google and Mithril Partners, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi and has over 150 million daily active users in India and estimated 25 million in Southeast Asia. For more information visit glance.com.
Roposo, is a novel platform that's defining the era of entertainment & LIVE commerce in India. With more than 10 crore downloads, it is the #1 entertainment & LIVE shopping app that brings together premium content creators, passionate consumers, and avid shoppers via immersive LIVE experiences. It is rapidly becoming the one-stop-shop for audiences to discover trending content across genres, enjoy live entertainment, interact & shop the latest trends LIVE from their favourite influencers, enjoy LIVE experiences, and much more. It also provides the ideal grooming environment and opportunities for creators to become professional live streamers.
Shop101(based in Mumbai, India) brings with them end to end e-commerce platforms and infrastructure across merchants, creators, supply chain, logistics, and procurement, along with 3 co-founders, a 300-person strong team, a network of 10 million resellers, half a million unique customers, and reach across 2000 towns. This positions us well to use our deep understanding of our customer to bring them rich shopping experiences. As one of India’s leading digital commerce platforms at scale, Shop101 is the perfect partner to create the influencer and celeb commerce wave globally and bring the vivid shopping experiences customers are used to in their local markets to their phones.
Glance and Roposo and Shop101 are owned by Glance, a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. #LI-SS2
About the role:
Glance is looking for a Community and Social Media Lead to join the Glance team in Bangalore. You will operate at the intersection of communication and design, and will be focused on bringing the Glance brand to life on social media. You will report to the Content Marketing Manager.
What you will own:
- Be the voice of brand Glance on social media across all platforms.
- Own and drive the social media strategy and social media calendar stemming from the strategy.
- Engage in “social listening” for where people are mentioning Glance across communities and social media channels - including on partner (OEM, content, brand, telcos) owned communities. Answer questions and provide relevant content (blog posts, etc).
- Devise strategies to grow the Glance community on social media platforms.
- Engage with users/prospects on social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Roposo to advocate Glance.
- Drive engagement through effective storytelling concepts, ideas and words. Drive innovative and evocative content aligned to brand objectives, tailored for social channels.
- Work with content, product and the larger marketing team to deliver on social media calendar and drive key metrics on social media.
- Conceptualize campaigns on social media and Glance as a media platform that drive growth and engagement on social media.
- Be the owner of key performance metric for social media. Own and publish social media dashboard on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Inspire innovation and creativity across our global social channels and social campaigns.
- Evolve and experiment with brand voice and brand style guidelines.
- Facilitate knowledge and resource sharing to ensure a high bar for social execution across highly distributed teams, channels and cities.
- Work with international teams to develop a sophisticated strategy for reaching audiences through international social media channels.
Who you are:
- You are a storyteller at heart who loves conversations and technology. You possess great writing skills with a portfolio of blog posts and/or social media handles we can access and read.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a community and social media manager in multi-channel content creation and ideation for a B2C brand directly or at an agency.
- You have in-depth knowledge of and experience implementing online and social media marketing best practices, and possess exceptional skills in advocating to various internal and external audiences.
- You are outcome driven and feel at ease with numbers and metrics around social media performance.
- You demonstrate best-in-class editorial skills and a track record of mentoring/managing freelance writers, editors, and marketing managers. You may have experience working with social media / digital agency.
- You work collaboratively, and foster communication and collaboration internally and externally. You remain creative, diplomatic, and calm under pressure.
- You have a bachelor degree in journalism or media / communications or an MBA.