Director - User Experience Design, Glance
Who are we and what do we do?
Glance is an AI-powered digital live content platform for lock-screen. It is leading the next stage of content evolution from traditional on-demand consumption to Live and real time experiences.
Glance has created a unique space of its own, in terms of digital carnival of real-time experience on the lock screen of the phone. Live content from the best of content developers coupled with unique live and interactive product experience is giving users a new world of possibilities across variety of content categories.
With more than 150 million daily active users, Glance is among the biggest content platform by daily use. This immense scale (and growing) poses a great potential to flourish in the evolving space. Glance is going global with its unique offering with plans to enter into Southeast Asia, US and Latin America in recent future.
Glance is a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
We are looking for a seasoned Head of Design to shape and lead the user experience for Roposo truly aimed to win the hearts and minds of the Indian audience.
About the role:
Glance is looking to re-imagine how consumers are using their smartphone devices, by adding a new layer: A Live surface on top of the phone bringing live internet to the consumers. You will play a pivotal role in shaping these experiences for consumers across a wide variety of user cohorts - New to internet users to the super power users of smartphones in Western markets. We are currently at 150 million daily active users globally, and looking to hit 500 million in the coming years.
As a design leader, you are expected to:
- Innovate and create the possibilities from a lockscreen surface
- Build one of the strongest UX and UR teams in the ecosystem. You should inspire and guide the team, and have a strong execution layer, leaving you with the mind space to focus on innovation, culture and the right processes.
- Influence business, product and leadership in building an experience first mindset and design thinking led culture in the organization
- Influence the OEMs, telcos experience teams and rest of the ecosystem in co-creating the possibilities of the lockscreen
- Be a thought leader out there and set an example of experience first design for the rest of the ecosystem
What you need to have
- A design leader who has designed and launched consumer experiences at high scale globally
- Must have built a strong team of user experience designers and user researchers, while delivering and innovating on the experiences
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentational skills to ensure you effectively communicate your designs and all the decisions that shaped it, with your stakeholders.
- Strong portfolio of works/case studies demonstrating the breadth of your design expertise and a rich legacy of your user centered approach to problem solving on multiple products/services in the recent past.
- Past track record to influence business decision making and leadership is a big plus
- Should be comfortable with thought leadership on design and demonstrated the same before