Manging Editor (English), Glance US Newsroom
Location: Bengaluru, India
Glance, Roposo & InMobi Group
Glance is world’s first and fastest growing screen zero digital content platform with backing from the likes of Peter Theil, Mithril Capital and Google. With more than 150 million daily active users in India and South East Asia, Glance is among that top 3 digital content platforms in the world.
We are on mission to enrich people’s life with unique exclusive premium personalized content, commerce and entertainment on their mobile lock screen. Our content is powered by Glance’s own and operated properties such as Roposo as well as our premium content partners. Glance-Roposo is a leading premium creator driven entertainment commerce platform built with core focus to bring live content and commerce to users on exclusive properties on a phone such as lock screen and home screen.
Glance & Roposo US: Glance and Roposo are now making foray into US market, scaling fast on back of its unique partnership strategy with leading telcos in US. We are looking for the first few entrepreneurial leaders and domain experts with passion to build Glance and Roposo in US from scratch and scale to millions of users at an exceptionally fast pace.
Glance is a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Roposo is a novel platform that's defining the era of entertainment & LIVE commerce in India. With more than a million downloads, it is the #1 entertainment & LIVE shopping app that brings together premium content creators, passionate consumers, and avid shoppers via immersive LIVE experiences. It is rapidly becoming the one-stop-shop for audiences to discover trending content across genres, enjoy live entertainment, interact & shop the latest trends LIVE from their favourite influencers, enjoy LIVE experiences, and much more. It also provides the ideal grooming environment and opportunities for creators to become professional live streamers.
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
Glance is an equal opportunity employer
Glance is a place where everyone can grow. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to work.
- Deeply understand editorial guidelines wrt OEM/telecom partners as we are a lock screen first product and adhere by those guidelines in all content publishing
- Keen view content landscape especially news and sports in USA preference on video first content platforms
- Devise the sub-categories of news, sports and entertainment content; Resource those with appropriate number of editors
- Create an editorial organizational structure, hiring plan and execute it in 2-3 months for the launch of Glance in USA; editors could be working across geographies in India & USA
- Maintain rosters, manage daily operations in content and publishing to be able to publish 7 days a week, 365 days; provide publishing reports for the same
- Coordinate & manage the design team to get the design prerequisites for the publishing in place along with the content
- Guide the team to survey an ever-growing list of sites, content partnerships, feeds using your own judgement and other software to select deeply compelling content that has the potential of high impact.
- Help in recommending the right set of partnerships for consistently improving the user experience in terms of content; be progressive and experimentalize in content partnerships to create a differentiated proposition
- Become well-versed with Glance's CMS and creation tools and focus on producing high scale of quality content despite limited manpower
- Filter your search to retain key feature stories that are extremely interesting and high reach
- Know how to rework the stories and create fascinating headlines and summaries that will increase reader interest. Also, able to train editors to do the same.
- You will also suggest story ideas that are theme relevant and curate content that will cater to this need and build a reliable proof-reading layer to check the content that is curated and written.
- Publish the content and oversee the publishing schedules to maintain regularity.
- Generate daily reports on content performance and provide recommendations to optimize the operation and work alongside senior editorial resources to ideate and develop newer content models.
- Provide regular reports of competition and provide recommendations to stay ahead. And handle multiple content assignments and have deliverables to several content heads for various requirements
- Coordinate with product team to test out AI led automated products which help in increasing content liquidity and diversity
- Help provide meaningful insights about user preferences, content ideas based on observations about content consumption; help design growth experiments based on these insights and drive personalization
- Work on defining the GTM for mega products of Glance like Glance Live, Roposo in the due course with the larger team and multiple stakeholders
- 10+ years of editorial experience with the ability to understand scale as well across major MNCs or editorial as a service companies
- Be a USA content junkie across news, sports, entertainment, gaming and other relevant categories
- 3-5 years' experience with USA first editorial job would be a plus
- While owning a quality, the individual needs to be operationally sound to manage the freelance editorial network
- Has managed a medium to a big sized team of junior editors/ editors before
- Someone can think of building scalable processes with relevant stakeholders
- Be up to date with all types of USA based news and sports platforms
- Should be willing to work at USA base location timings (if hired in India)
- An Internet junkie with a fascination for content across a wide spectrum of subjects.
- Outstanding in your ability to use language and grammar.
- Deeply aware of various content apps and social media platforms.
- Have knowledge of news sources are understand their individual characteristics.
- Well adept at content research and understand the process of content verification
- Aware of the importance of deadlines and see a need to adhere and beat them.
- Extremely comfortable with MS Office and Google Docs. A deep understanding of Excel or Sheets is highly advantageous.
- Passionate about working in a face paced environment.
- Fantastic at time management and are deeply committed to meeting deadlines.
- A team-player with exceptional motivational and interpersonal skills.