Staff Engineer I, Mobile development - Glance
What’s the Glance family like?
Glance Founded in 2019, Glance is one of India’ largest lock screen platforms of India and Southeast Asia, enabling consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smartphones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format. Funded by Google and Mithril Partners, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi and has over 150 million daily active users in India and estimated 25 million in Southeast Asia. For more information visit glance.com.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work thatyou shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays
and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
- You will own the front-end development for one or more of our products and collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- You will implement cutting-edge technologies and will be writing state-of-the-art code to keep InMobi at the cutting edge of current technology.
- Your specific expertise will be required to make the site delightful, secure, performant and accessible to all our members.
- Meet with colleagues including product managers, designers and other engineers assigned to your project(s).
What do we expect from you?
- Experience between 2-10years into frontend development.
- Experience in frameworks such as React, AngularJS etc and good understanding of the basics of these frameworks and their life cycles.(MUST HAVE)
- Deeper understanding of Chrome Dev Tools. Should understand nuances of the timeline for perf monitoring.
- Deeper knowledge of UI optimizations and performance.
- Deeper understanding of network layer, HTTP, HTTPS, cookies, local storage.
- Strong problem solving skills, Good understanding of data structures and algorithms and their space and time complexities.
- Excellent communication skills, good visual design sense, in-depth experience in developing web-based applications.
- Experience leading multi engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CSS fundamentals
- Command an impressive portfolio of the latest UI technologies is a plus
Nice to have skills:
- Tech Skills: Full stack experience NodeJS , GraphQL etc