VP – Mega Partnerships, Glance
Who are we and what do we do?
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is a novel platform that's defining the era of entertainment & LIVE commerce in India. With more than a million downloads, it is the #1 entertainment & LIVE shopping app that brings together premium content creators, passionate consumers, and avid shoppers via immersive LIVE experiences. It is rapidly becoming the one-stop-shop for audiences to discover trending content across genres, enjoy live entertainment, interact & shop the latest trends LIVE from their favourite influencers, enjoy LIVE experiences, and much more. It also provides the ideal grooming environment and opportunities for creators to become professional live streamers.
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at Glance. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out. Our people are special, and we make them feel it!
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance to and will be critical for delivering the best user experience, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work. Well, all this when there was work from office! And now in the new era, our HR teams is imagining and bringing the best of what we can in a hybrid or work from home settings.
Glance is looking for a Leader to head Mega Partnerships. Mega partnerships are poised to deliver non-linear growth at overall Glance level. We look at this growth lever in 3 parts:
(1) strategic partnerships that unlock new scale opportunities and user growth stories for Glance
(2) partnerships with large Indian and global business houses that will enable Glance to build new user experiences and customer value propositions in India
(3) win-win and strategic collaboration with content and platform players in creator-content-commerce-ads space.
This position will be front and center in driving this growth through out of-the-box strategic thinking, forming deep partnerships, stakeholder alignment and management, cross functional collaboration and strategic program delivery through every stage of the cycle.
As a leader in this role, you are expected to define company’s new business development strategy, forge new partnerships, collaborate to identify new areas of value creation for Glance and the partner and deliver impact by working closely with Glance’s different lines of businesses. It is a leadership role reporting into the CEO-COO of Glance with full ownership and accountability to lead the strategic partnership charter, build own team and deliver non-linear growth to the exponentially growing Glance business.
Strategic Thinker – Develop a strong understanding of the partners business and how Glance can partner with them to strengthen their business proposition and vice-versa. Become “the expert” for all things related to the partners and their business. Think & drive out-of-the-box ideas that can drive significant value for both Glance and the partner. Keep abreast of cross- industry trends to identify business opportunities that would generate exponential revenue resources and scale.
New Business Development - Develop new business models, partnerships and operating frameworks with partners to expand footprint and grow business across India
Thrive on Relationships --- Develop strong relationships at right levels with potential partners. Unlock win-win out of the box collaborations. Nurture relationships that go deep on the partnerships. Influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally.
Go Getter, Strong Executor – Deliver partnerships and results fast. Thrive on speed of execution. Tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
Creator & Collaborator: Work with cross functional teams within Glance and act as a bridge between the strategic needs of partner and Glance.
Product Evangelism & Communication – Develop communication strategies and materials to advance understanding of Glance Product with our partners. Communicate and educate with all levels of partner teams (from CXOs to implementation team) on the Glance propositions and how partnership is driving value to unlock higher order collaboration opportunities.
Trusted Advisor – The main point of contact for our key strategic partner relationships. You will interface across the board from CXOs to execution teams of our partners. Reporting directly to the COO, this person will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the right amount of focus on company growth objectives and priorities
- 12-15years of partnership management, business development, product management or strategy experience
- Ability to bring on product partnerships hat and drive strategic partnerships at scale collaborating with multiple stakeholders including CXOs
- Demonstrated ability to understand products deeply and articulate the positioning in the market. Knack for building new user experiences, deep interest in new usertrends and ability to identify trends based on user data
- Ability to take on ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large and distributed organization
- Ability to clarify and communicate complex issues for an executive audience internally and externally with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to have high emotional intelligence that enables close working relationships with key leaders internally and externally
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment
- Adaptability to change and openness to try new approaches pro-actively
- Passionate about working in a face paced environment
- Fantastic at time management and are deeply committed to meeting deadlines
- A team-player with exceptional interpersonal skills.