Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is a lock-screen first, AI-driven Screen Zero content discovery platform. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlocks at a time. Glance has scaled massively in the last few years and is one of the largest platforms globally with 150mn+ users. And we are only getting started on this journey!
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at Glance. We don’t have performance appraisals; we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses; we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out. Our people are special, and we make them feel it!
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for growth and scale-up, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. Glance’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!
Glance is looking for an experienced and hands-on Director of Business Development. The Director BD will have successfully originated, and closed complex deals with large Smart Phone Manufacturers (Original Equipment Manufacturers - OEM), pitching them Glance platform and products. The candidate for this position needs to be organized and numerate, have a very in-depth understanding of Original Equipment Manufacturers and their Digital, Value Added Services, Marketing and business priorities. They must know, how to lead large complex deals and handle complex solution sales with an ability to bridge customer needs and Product/ Platform capabilities that Glance offers.
The Director BD will work to grow Glance’s business by pitching Glance’s - Owned and operated - consumer focused propositions – like Glance offering for smartphones, Glance offering for TV etc. to the OEM players in the China region. The ideal candidate will be based in either of the below cities and will be required extensive travel (when world returns to normal post Covid) or be extremely comfortable building an exceptionally reliable rolodex and network, off video conference calls. The Director BD will be expected to penetrate and grow the relationship from existing accounts and land new OEM customers in the China region.
The Director BD will work closely with General Managers of Product Units, Technology, and Platform teams to manage pitches and solution sales to OEM's and orchestrate account growth and new revenue landing.
Base Location: Shenzhen / Beijing / Location Agnostic (The role requires traveling within China)
What you’ll do:
- Develop and close large business opportunities (existing and new) with strategic OEM accounts, to meet business goals of distribution of Glance across OEM devices.
- Work with internal management to identify, qualify, and develop opportunities across various Glance offerings; deliver value proposition, sales presentations, competitive positioning.
- Lead pitches and proposals - contributing to pricing proposal, deal models, customer success, go live plans and provide oversight for RFX responses.
- Advocate company vision and strategy with partners and target customers. Continuously up level the conversations of what Glance brings to the table and generate interest in new products with prospects.
- Map and capture organograms and find stakeholders across distinct functions within OEMs across all the Buyer personas that Glance is focused on.
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure that customer development goals from a marketing perspective (case studies, testimonials, references) are achieved.
Market in, voice of Customer / Partner
- Be a strong customer advocate and be the voice of customer / Partner, with the Glance Solutions and Product development teams.
- Periodically identify, capture, and share patterns, observations basis the various pitches that the BD professional is involved in.
Channel & Partner development
- Develop technology partnerships with channel partners and build a strong co-sale motion with other complimentary players in the OEM ecosystem.
- Represent the firm at marketing events, third party conferences, and networking events.
Business outcomes, Internal alignment, collaboration, and operational consistency
- Develop cross-functional/organizational relationships within Glance. Independently prove the ability to provide direction to company-wide resources in support of account strategies and proposals.
- Represent and prioritize customer requirements with internal solutions development/cross functional team.
- The Director of BD is expected to constantly learn about new Product offerings that would be relevant to the OEM as a customer class and constantly endeavour to provide data driven feedback to product teams to help arrive at better product market fit for products.
Who you are:
- An expert in all things Device monetization, Mobile applications preload and/or Advertising Tech (AdTech) :
- You bring 10-15 years of Device monetization, app preloads or AdTech sales experience of which, 5+ years of related BD and sales experience involving selling Device monetization, app preloads or Advertising platforms, to Carriers and or OEMs. Must possess knowledge of the wireless ecosystem and how carriers in NA generate, non-voice or non-data revenue.
- A brilliant leader. Someone who sets bold and ambitious goals, makes it happen, inspires not manages and is customer obsessed. Someone who can motivate a team toward unseen heights, someone who can hear what is said and can read between the lines. Ability to work and lead across organizational boundaries, towards achieving organization and client objectives.
- Well-connected. Your reputation proceeds you at industry events, you are resourceful in your networking, you know who is moving and shaking in the industry.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively from remote locations.
- Proven BD experience in leading BD initiatives across large / medium accounts.
- A big picture thinker with a keen eye for detail. You have an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into clear and compelling benefits. Creative, resourceful, thoughtful, analytical.
Ideal candidate should have prior experience of engaging and enabling products/services partnership with Value Added Services ("VAS") team in Telcos/OEMs.