Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
GlanceFounded in 2019, Glance is one of India’ largest lock screen platforms of India and Southeast Asia, enabling consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smartphones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format. Funded by Google and Mithril Partners, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi and has over 150 million daily active users in India, and estimated 25 million in Southeast Asia. For more information visit glance.com.
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glancers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
· Build beautiful User Interfaces to impact billion plus growing users.
· You will own the front-end development for one or more of our products and collaborate with UX, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
· Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and components.
· Work with cutting edge technology and push the boundaries of WebView and browsers.
· Measure, monitor and optimize application performance, be proactive with issue identification and resolution.
· Standardize and improve existing operational practices, tools & processes across Glance engineering.
· Setup efficient dev workflow including technical design, code reviews, debugging technical issues.
· Represent Glance in various dev days / hackathons / talks and showcase your achievements while continuing to learn.
What do we expect from you?
· Experience between 5-7 years into frontend development.
· Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Expert level knowledge of any JS framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.,) is a must, React experience is preferred.
· Optimize application for maximum performance, browser compatibility and accessibility.
· Understanding of Critical Rendering Path. How to optimize UI to meet the goals of CRP.
· Experience with unit testing (jest, enzyme, testing library) & Test-Driven Development (cypress, testcafe, puppeteer, selenium).
· Experience in building PWA (Progressive web applications) applications, micro frontends, working with service workers, indexedDB is good to have.
· Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms.
· Ability to estimate scope, task effort and communicate progress and risks.
· Avid Learner/Contributor: Quick learner, great ability to listen and communicate well verbally and written.
· Strong problem-solving skills