Senior UX Designer
Product design practitioners here at Glance come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, content strategy, engineering, fine arts, visual communication etc and are from a deep academic background in design and the passionately self-taught ones.
Our approach, our efforts and our outcome and everything we do here is aligned to the vision:
“We design to create true-to-human value and we do it delightfully together”
It is not about creating the delight for the end consumers but also keeping the whole process delightful while we work with our partners in product, engineering and business. Right from identifying the problem worth solving for the consumers & hence valuable for business on a global scale, all the way to designing the intended seamless experience for the customers, the product design team is known for their high bar for quality in their designed solutions.
Our product design organisation operates on the foundation of its core values of
- Establishing a shared understanding of customer and business needs, by operating with deep empathy rooted in core human values
- Collaborating widely with partners from across diverse backgrounds for a more inclusive approach to problem solving
- Rightly utilising the makers time & craftsmanship on facets of experience that maximizes the overall impact to the intended outcome
- Measuring the impact of designed solutions both human and as well as business, to make well informed decisions to iterations.
What role you would play, as part of the design organisation?
You will be the design owner and the single point of contact for all things user experience for a given pod/product line under Glance. As Senior UX Designer you will be working closely with your product & user research counterparts in identifying & prioritizing user needs. Help define the problem scope balanced between user need and the business goals for the month/quarter. Provide thought leadership in user centred approach to problem solving using design thinking tools.
As senior designer you will co-own the product requirement and ensure right experience outcome to meet the set business objectives. You will be leading it from the front in defining the experience paradigms and getting the stakeholder alignment on the same. Work with the visual designers in the team to ship agreed upon experience to production while maintaining a bar raising quality in the interaction & visual experience.
- As a Senior UX Designer in Glance Product Design team, you will be the custodian of producing experiences simple yet novel in meeting the needs of target user group.
- You will be the co-owner of your respective product line and will act like one to demonstrate that responsibility at all instances.
- You will work closely with the product managers, business and tech teams in synthesising the requirements; aligning them on the solution direction and rationalising your design choices backed with data & research.
- You will ensure consistency of the experiences you will design with the overall product ethos and experience guidelines. Henceforth setup rigorous design critiques with peer designers of other product lines and proactively seek feedback.
- You will be managing up by setting clear expectations and providing visibility on your progress as well as call out dependencies on a regular basis. Ensuring stakeholders confidence at all stages of your projects.
- You will be the go-to person for structuring amorphous needs into clearly scoped problems. You will leverage your visual thinking to articulate solution directions using simple & quick sketches/flows.
- You will be juggling between thinking tools on one side structuring requirements while on the other side use your go to design tools to create bar raising interaction and UI artefacts required for the given experience solution.
- You will be carrying the vision for the end-state experience and provide the required inputs for the UI designer to collaboratively work towards creating the experience that stands for its excellence in utility & aesthetics.
- You will put in processes to gate keep the quality of the final experience shipped, by managing the quality control during pre and post development.
- As senior member of the design pod, you will be mentoring junior designers, sharing your learnings and expertise with fellow designers on a regular basis.
What do we expect from you?
- You would be someone who has demonstrated experience of shipping consumer experiences at scale.
- You would be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment following rapid iterative design approach, running multiple design experiments in parallel.
- Having a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication and fine arts is a plus.
- Must demonstrate mastery in product thinking, storytelling, user centred approach, interaction design and user interface design while being proficient in user research, design informed by data and driven by data sciences.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentational skills to ensure you effectively communicate your designs and all the decisions that shaped it, with your stakeholders.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing recent works as live experiences or preferably in the form of prototypes and case studies
- Appreciate honest pragmatic approach focused on delivering delight to user & impact to business over beyond perfect static comps & design processes that looks great only on paper.