Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks their phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What you will be doing?
Glance is looking for a Data Scientist who will design and develop processes and systems to analyze high volume, diverse "big data" sources using advanced mathematical, statistical, querying, and reporting methods. Will use machine learning techniques and statistical analysis to predict outcomes and behaviors. Interacts with business partners to identify questions for data analysis and experiments. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and or prepares output from analysis and experiments to business partners.
You will be working with Product leadership, taking high-level objectives and developing solutions that fulfil these requirements. Stakeholder management across Eng, Product and Business teams will be required.
- Four+ years experience working in a Data Science role
- Extensive experience developing and deploying ML models in real world environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other analytical fields
- Exceptional familiarity with Python, Java, Spark or other open-source software with data science libraries
- Experience in advanced math and statistics
- Excellent familiarity with command line linux environment
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience deploying machine learning models and measuring their impact
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience developing recommendation systems
- Experience developing and deploying deep learning models
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree or PhD that included coursework in statistics, machine learning or data analysis
- Four+ years experience working with Hadoop, a NoSQL Database or other big data infrastructure
- Experience with being actively engaged in data science or other research-oriented position
- You would be comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Active personal GitHub account.