Who are we and what do we do?
Glance is an AI-powered digital content platform for the lock-screen. It shows personalized content across a variety of content that includes entertainment, sports, travel, wildlife, food, fashion and lifestyle. With more than 100 million daily active users, Glance is among that top 3 digital content platforms by daily use.
Roposo, is India's #1 short video app. With more than 100 million downloads on Google Play Store, it is the first and only Indian app in this club. Available in English and 10 Indian regional languages, the Roposo enables users to express themselves and connect with others using short-form video content.
Glance and Roposo are owned by Glance, a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What role you would play, as part of the design organization?
- As a UI Designer, you will play an integral role working with our product designers to bring delightful animations and micro-interactions to life with your motion design & UI prototyping skills.
- You will be a visual storyteller in the team and help translating static designs into interactive experiences layered with nuanced micro-interactions, animations and transitions that best adds clarity and delight to the experience we deliver to millions of Glance & Roposo users.
- You will be working with product designers closely to understand the objective from a user, business and tech feasibility perspective. Accordingly identify, conceptualize and deliver micro-interactions & animations to elevate the overall experience giving a lot more depth & feel to it.
- You will be a key member in collaborating with product designers on one side to build relevant UI animation work of inspiring nature while also interface with the tech stakeholders to appropriately get it into the production optimizing it for performance, yet without loss of quality.
- You will demonstrate a deep understanding of the animation principles, exhibit high sensitivity to movement, timing, composition and the subtilities in the feel of the animation work produced.
- You should be able to work through end-to-end of motion design & prototyping micro interactions right from ideation, story boarding, creating assets/illustrations to designing high fidelity animation work.
- Your attention to detail, craftsmanship and eye for fun experience will set the bar for the team when it comes to motion design & prototyping micro-interactions.
- You will play a key role in defining the animation style system and help build a scalable animation library in alignment with our product & brand guidelines.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience: A minimum of 3-4 years of experience of having enjoyed producing UI animation work and prototyping micro-interactions.
- Ideally, you would be someone who has demonstrated experience of majorly working on consumer-facing product experiences specifically in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must have a strong portfolio & showreel of latest works in UI animation and interactive prototypes.
- Having a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication and fine arts is a plus.
- Having an expert level skill in interaction, visual, motion design and prototyping.
- Strong fluency working with one or more of the animations and prototyping tools like After effects, Principle, Framer, Origami, Protopie.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentational skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach and your thinking process with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.