Senior UX Designer, Glance
Who are we and what do we do?
Glance is an AI-powered digital content platform for the lock-screen. It shows personalized content across a variety of content that includes entertainment, sports, travel, wildlife, food, fashion and lifestyle. With more than 100 million daily active users, Glance is among that top 3 digital content platforms by daily use.
Roposo, is India's #1 short video app. With more than 100 million downloads on Google Play Store, it is the first and only Indian app in this club. Available in English and 10 Indian regional languages, the Roposo enables users to express themselves and connect with others using short-form video content.
Glance and Roposo are owned by Glance, a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. We are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What role you would play, as part of the design organization?
- As a Senior UX designer, you will be the custodian of design for Highlights experiences delivered to millions of Glance users. We work like a start-up and have bold bets on where the direction of Glance experience is headed. We execute fast, run tons of experiments but at the same time don’t lose sight of the vision. We expect you to have a strong bias for action but also the ability to take a step back and see the big picture.
- We expect to think user first, while balancing the needs of the business. You will provide the right platform to bring the voice of customers front and centre to play a key role in shaping the product experience. Using research strategy and analytics, you will not only identify customer needs & challenges, but also drive customer centricity amongst your key partners in product, technology and business.
- You will identify, plan and strategize research efforts as appropriate to meet product & business goals. You will work closely with the user research function to ensure research execution is in-line with the defined objective.
- You will lead and mentor a team of junior designers with interaction and visual design background and steer them through the structure you will establish to deliver success for the business as intended in your design strategy.
- You will demonstrate a deep understanding of the experience paradigms in Android ecosystem to recommend design solutions of high relevancy.
- You should be able to work through the length & breadth of product design with ease. While you majorly focus on the design strategy & structure in terms of processes and systems, you will also remain hands-on in IxD, Visual, Motion design and prototyping. The design output you will deliver while being hands-on will set an high bar for the junior designers. You are a strategic thinker and at the same time execute with great attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- While you inspire the team with the greatness in experiences you will design, you will also communicate the value-first user centred experience efforts through clear and measurable means.
- As lead experience designer for Glance, you will evangelise the design efforts internally to the wider organisation. At appropriate opportunities you will also evangelise the design for Glance in external forums and design conferences.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience in UX/product design (only) is a must
- Ideally, you would be someone who has demonstrated experience of majorly working on consumer-facing problems at scale specifically in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must have a portfolio of experiences that are currently in use by the intended users at scale.
- Having a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication, product design, industrial design or information & Interface design or Human-computer interaction is a plus.
- Having an expert level skill in interaction, visual, motion design and prototyping is a must. Also, it’s is expected to have strong expertise in design thinking and user research.
- We highly welcome experimental mindset and hence you should be able to demonstrate wide use of tools and processes that best helped you ship high-quality experiences at scale and pace.
- Must have a thorough understanding and past experiences of having worked for android based app experiences.
- Having experience of mentoring and leading a small team of designers is a plus.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentational skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach and your thinking process with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.