Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last fewmonths to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 130 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our truenorth, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work thatyou shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays
and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
- Manage team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams
- Contribute to design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality by collaborating with architects
- Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, devices and meets project schedules
- Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 10+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
- 6+ years’ experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance)
- Experience in working with Hadoop and any of the Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, Storm, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems etc
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming.
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Experience in leverage user data for behavioural targeting & ad-relevance
- Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
- Experience in data sciences & machine learning
- Experience of working on massively large scale data systems