The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable. In this role, you'll work with the Corporate Finance team.
What you'll do
- Business Partnership: Support team with business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning. Begins to build relationships with select cross-functional partners.
- Financial Modeling: Build, maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business. Models are easily audited and used by overs for areas of average complexity.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and Key Reviews.
- Project Management: Run projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience to FP&A management, functional managers and directors.
- Autonomy: Executes with moderate supervision from senior members of team.
- Systems: Contribute to owning the FP&A suite of systems, including Adaptive Planning, Netsuite, and Tableau
What you'll bring
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to interpret Board, CFO and eGroup level priorities.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, investment banking, management consulting, or finance-related role (corporate and/or operations finance). Relevant experience in Enterprise SaaS software is a plus.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Detail oriented: Ability to work through complex datasets or problems independently and build an understanding for a solution across multiple data sources
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software
- Ability to learn and use GitLab.
- Alignment to our company values, and working in accordance to those.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.