The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Solutions Architect, Commercial Sales - remote, Germany
The Solutions Architect reports to the Manager, Solutions Architect.
Fluency in German and English is a requirement for this role.
Solutions Architect Job Grade
The Solutions Architect is a grade 6
Solutions Architect Responsibilities
- Engage with customers, both onsite and remote, in a technical consultancy and advisor role during the pre-sales process while providing technical assistance and solution guidance.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets through the adoption of GitLab.
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Guide technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, RFP/audit support, and workshop design.
- Build deep relationships with people within customer environments to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning through activities such as training, reading and seeking mentorship from others.
- Maintain specialty competency in one or more technologies related to GitLab's market focus through activities such as training, certification and creation of working examples for reuse internally and by customers and partners.
Solutions Architect Requirements
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.