The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable. In this individual contributor role, you will work closely with the R&D team and report to the Director of FP&A.
What you'll do in this role
- Business Partnership: Influence outcomes in cross-functional settings often. Own relationships with partners while providing advice and guidance.
- Financial Modeling: Quickly develop models to address new and ambiguous business issues or opportunities. Oversee modeling efforts of others in an effective manner.
- Review: Review work and analysis produced by junior members of the team.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Improve and drive financial processes and policies with minimal guidance.
- Data Analysis: Translate analysis into clear data-driven storylines and actionable insights / proposals.
- Project Management: Run large complex projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or makes the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience basic influence to CFO, CFO staff and functional EVPs.
- Mentorship: As a senior individual contributor, you mentor other team members in modeling, analysis and finance.
- Autonomy: independently deliver and effectively prioritize projects assigned with clear scope.
- Extends the Senior FP&A Analyst responsibilities.
We're looking for
- Communication: Demonstrated an ability to influence business stakeholders.
- Experience as an expert owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- Experience with pricing is helpful but not a requirement.
- 7-10 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- Experience in the B2B space.
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those.
- Ability to learn and use GitLab.
- Extends the Senior FP&A Analyst requirements.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.