The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Engagement Manager plays the critical role for setting customers up for Success by prescriptively shaping and then leading the execution of large and transformational projects at our most strategic customers. The Engagement Manager serves as a trusted advisor to customers in their portfolio, providing guidance to Sales and Professional Services teams, ensuring synergies across each customer’s projects, and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Align closely with Account Sales teams to own pre-sales activities such as scoping, solutioning, SOW development and project staffing
- Lead the development of client-specific implementation proposals, SOWs, staffing plans, engaging with SMEs across the organization to gain consensus on an acceptable proposal
- Provide the Professional Services team with Subject Matter Expertise related to the proposed solution and client needs in order to ensure successful project delivery
- Manage project- and account-level escalations as needed
- Anticipate needs and position training, support and other solutions that may be needed for a successful customer experience
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure that engagements conclude with fully satisfied clients that are willing to be references for new potential clients
- Deep understanding of factors that drive customer success for GitLab implementations and how they directly contribute to long term customer retention
- The ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks to customer success, be it through the addition of new products and services, strategy & planning, or escalation
- Travel 20-40% (depends on geography and account distribution)
- Demonstrated progressive experience delivering consulting services, including team leadership and active involvement in selling professional services
- Demonstrated progressive experience in managing C-level client relationships, including escalation resolution
- Demonstrated progressive enterprise-level project management experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience operating in a pre-sales environment, shaping and scoping large and complex implementation projects
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in working in a client advisory role
- Able to command a group audience, facilitate solutioning and lead discussions such as implementation methodology, road mapping, enterprise strategy and executive-level requirement gathering sessions
- Highly developed soft skills, with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience and difficult client situations.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- History of working in a consultative selling environment, where clients seek and value your opinions and see your advice as objective and unbiased
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
Phone screen with a GitLab Recruiting Team Member
Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
Professional Services pre-sales scoping presentation interview session with 1-4 Team Members
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.