The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Manage high-complexity projects to successful completion from initiation through delivery to closure. The Gitlab Consulting team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Professional Services team to work with our global customers. In this role, you will coordinate with cross-functional teams to complete distinct projects both on time and within budget. You'll need to have substantial experience managing IT and software consulting projects and relying on traditional systems and software development methodologies, as well as practical experience with agile project management methodologies.
The Senior Professional Services Project Manager is a grade 7.
- Develop and manage schedules to deliver technical and consulting services to GitLab customers
- Manage customer expectations, project scope, and resources needed to successfully deliver to customers’ needs
- Develop and communicate project, portfolio, and program status, risks and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and GitLab stakeholders (e.g., executive team, sales, technical account managers, etc.)
- Be accountable for reliable and repeatable program delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Develop a foundational knowledge of Gitlab’s technologies
- Maintain an awareness of emerging Gitlab's technologies
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies for software (e.g., Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies, agile/scrum, and/or software SDLC)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Demonstrated progressive experience working as a project manager on IT-based projects
- Demonstrated progressive experience managing projects with external customers or clients, preferably enterprise customers. Professional Services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate the advisor team and individual contributors and mediate conflicts
- Experience using various project management and/or agile tools
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, preferably experience in an agile and/or DevOps environment
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to be present on customer sites and to travel up to 20%
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- 100% focus on acheiveing the global PS revenue target
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.