The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Business Systems Engineer Manager is a grade 8
* Build, grow and develop a team of Business Systems Engineers, their skills and experience.
* Run the Sales Systems's agile development process and act as scrum master for the engineers.
* Actively seek and hire globally-distributed talent.
* Conduct and orchestrate code reviews, review solution architecture, and be able to jump in and contribute when neccessary.
* Lead foundational projects that effect Salesforce.com and there for our entire Lead to Cash process.
* Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team.
* Evolve the Sales Systems SDLC plan, finding the balance between stock SFDC processes and CI/CD.
* Hold regular [1:1's](/handbook/leadership/1-1/) with all members of their team.
* Give regular and clear feedback around the [individual's performance](/handbook/leadership/1-1/suggested-agenda-format/).
* Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
* BA/BS degree.
* Past experience managing a team of Salesforce.com Developers, Business Systems Engineers, or Backend Engineers.
* Salesforce.com expert including validation rules, workflow, formulas, sandbox and customization of all standard and custom objects.
* Excellent knowledge of SFDC APEX and have attained or are pursuing the Salesforce.com Platform Developer 1 certification.
* Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence colleagues, fostering strong working relationships.
* Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and across teams.
* Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
* Ability to use GitLab.
* Experience with Zuora and Zoura CPQ recommended.
* Salesforce.com Platform Developer 2, Architect or other advanced certifications recommended.
* Experience working at a subscription based product company recommended.
* Experience working in an Agile team work environment recommended.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $114,800- $172,200 for Colorado residents and $114,80 - $233,700 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.