The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Field Solutions Architects (SA) are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and customers during the pre-sales motion. We demonstrate how the GitLab platform and GitLab Professional Services address common and unique business requirements. SA's add value to GitLab's customers by providing subject matter expertise and industry experience throughout the sales process and collaborate internally with product.
In addition, SA's identify and propose comprehensive solutions to complex business problems and workflow scenarios after compiling inputs from customer requests during conversations. Desired inputs include pain points, role-based visibility concerns, opportunities for improved efficiencies, current technologies and tools (3rd party to GitLab) and therefore opportunities to improve integrations, corporate initiatives, target outcomes and more. SA's also act as the technical liaison between the sales team and other groups within GitLab, engaging GitLab employees from other teams as needed in order meet the needs of the customer.
Our Field SA's also engage proactively with existing GitLab customer to provide thought-leadership, engage in innovative solutions, collaborate around evangelism activities around unique customer requirements (i.e. meetups and presentations) and continuously seek market feedback to improve the GitLab platform.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Provide executive-level, thought leadership on strategic opportunities (i.e., new logo and growth)
- Curate and manage field feedback, while collaborating with the product team on roadmap and issue prioritization
- Scale and grow regional-level expertise within the field (SAL/AE,SA,TAM) through contributions to enablement and content
- Act as a prospect / customer advocate on DevSecOps transformation initiatives
- Build and deliver high-value and reusable enablement content that measurably improves the team's effectiveness and execution.
- Sustain mentorship for specific members of the Solutions Architecture team to improve our technical win rate and increase Net ARR.
- Guide Solution Architect team members through complex customer opportunities and activity.
- Deliver product roadmap discussions.
- Architect innovative solutions leveraging 3rd party and GitLab technologies that lead to new use cases and revenue opportunities.
- Maintain a positive personal brand through GitLab-relevant participation in channels such as conferences, blogging, social media, or volunteering for external technical committees or communities of practice.
- Significant experience with architecture of enterprise software development workflow
- Experience as CTO is a plus
- Experience delivering information/Cyber Security and compliance related solutions and assessments
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies to all levels in an organization (i.e., executive to staff engineer)
- Ability to use GitLab, including learning GitLab as part of the role
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Willingness to travel
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.