The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Our Renewal Analytics Analysts report into the Renewal Operations team, and serve the business through developing renewal and churn analytics to:
- Understand why customers renew, churn, contract, and expand
- Create renewal visibility to Sales and CS Leaders and drive actionable insights to change and refine our renewal strategy
- Develop ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Assist in developing renewal forecasting models, thresholds, and reporting with the Renewal Ops team
Analytically, we will expand the breadth of research across all segments and regions, and plumb the depths around win/loss reasons, usage analytics, and more. This team will perform ad hoc and deep dive analyses to support the broader org through understanding the customer journey with a focus on the renewal, how/why customers expand, where we need to spend resources, and areas of focus.
- Develop renewal analyses to test hypotheses that lead to strategic action
- Develop and refine North Star metrics to ensure Sales and CS Leaders understand the renewal and churn trends (industry, region, size, age, etc.) to develop alignment and focus on solving problems
- Map customers to the 2x2 prioritization matrix of which accounts to retain, adopt, grow, or save
- Build and maintain reports for key metrics such as renewal revenue, bookings, retention rate, and overall customer health
- Support leadership through identifying improvements such as global churn forecasting, identify direct and channel renewal improvements, forecasting mechanics evolution to incorporate customer health insights
- Develop repeatable insights to Customer Success and Sales leadership to identify issues, recommend action plans and execute
- Generate regular and ad-hoc business analysis for Customer Success and Sales Leadership to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers and Renewals Team performance, including direct and partner renewals
- Understanding of databases, business intelligence reporting, and data visualization tools
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects to completion
- Financial modeling experience
- Strong Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL) experience
- Experience with BI Tools such as Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience implementing or running renewal processes and metrics
- Salesforce experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools
- Completion of statistical analysis and high level mathematics classes
- Investigating data issues and providing solutions to prevent future issues
- Demonstrated progressive experience in analytics or related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills effective across all levels of management
- Creation, tracking, and management of key initiatives and metrics
- Pre and/or post sales experience (i.e., sales, customer success, services)
- Customer insights captured via customer lifecycle engagements, support, Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys, product analytics
- Exceptional quantitative and spreadsheet skills
- Healthy skepticism and curiosity
- SaaS and B2B experience
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page. hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.