The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Executive Recruiter reports to the Director, Executive Search, and is responsible for owning and executing executive searches across all business functions globally. They are a dynamic team member who identifies amazing candidates, improves existing hiring practices, and delivers exceptional candidate experiences while embodying the company values. The Executive Recruiter takes a consultative approach with senior leadership and key stakeholders, and is dedicated to building a qualified, diverse, and motivated team as we scale. They are well-versed in all aspects of an executive search including sourcing, candidate generation and development, client management and offer negotiation.
The Executive Recruiter is a grade 8.
- Conducting research to map target companies and creating robust search strategies to identify the right candidates for GitLab
- Serving as an expert for leadership recruiting, including working on continuous company and talent mapping in key areas for the company.
- Developing innovative ways to raise the bar on how GitLab recruits senior talent.
- Developing those prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing assessment/screening
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the talent acquisition team and to GitLab as a whole, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an ongoing pool of candidates
- Managing a diverse group of searches across all business functions (R&D, G&A, sales, marketing).
- Leading client update meetings on active searches
- Conducting interviews/reference checks and presenting/negotiating employment offers on behalf of GitLab.
- Partnering with hiring executives to calibrate on talent and providing strategic guidance/advice.
- Develop search strategies, conduct research, perform thorough assessments and present slates of qualified candidates.
- Extensive experience recruiting at all levels, preferably in a global capacity within the software industry. A blend of in-house and search firm / agency experience is preferred.
- Proven success in owning and successfully executing executive roles at scale for top-tier tech companies.
- Experience managing searches across multiple business functions, including R&D, G&A, sales, marketing
- Demonstrated focus on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Remote working experience in a technology startup will be an added advantage
- Ability to build global relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Degree in business, marketing, HR or related field from an accredited institution preferred
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Hire vs Plan
- Time to Offer Accept
- Offer Acceptance Rate
- New Hire Location Factor
- Interviewee Satisfaction (ISAT)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 50-minute call with the Director, Executive Search
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50-minute call with the VP, Talent and Engagement
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule 50-minute interviews with a group of executive level hiring managers
- Finally, candidates will be invited to a 50-minute interview with the Chief People Officer
The next step in the Executive Recruiting job family is to move to a management role in the Recruiting job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.